Zune vs Ipod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lenin, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Lenin

Lenin Револуција!

Im sure this has been debated few times here before, but I was looking at both the Zune and Ipod Touch... Ive never owned either Ipod or Zune, but it seems like the Zune is better quality with more space / Touch having more features? I like that the Touch has the internet, and a few other options.

I came in here to ask GG's opinion..

Should i purchase 80gig Zune or 16 gig Ipod Touch?

2. Lenin

Lenin Револуција!

Another question: Can i only play purchased music/videos? on the Zune and Ipod ?

I have shit tons of downloaded music/movies/videos will they run on either the Zune or Ipod or is there a program blocking it that i can only run purchased stuff

i r a n00b at this :)

3. WiseOne

WiseOne roter Teufel

I have a 80 gig Zune and love it

have been able to play every thing from my computer so far with no problems yet, thats with about 30gigs of music and 35-40gigs movies and videos :x:

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yes, all of your downloaded stuff will play fine on either one.

I just bought a Zune 2 and love it. The new Zune Pad controls are awesome and 100x better than the Gen 1.

5. skiscem

skiscem New Member

since you have a lot of music and videos you should go with the zune, the itouch is really cool but the space is very limited, and you can upload all the stuff you have in you computer, not only the music and videos you buy

6. Mavsn08

Mavsn08 New Member

Yea I have a Zune and love it.....never got into the whole ipod craze i never wanted to convert all of my exsiting music to Apple's format....screw that!!

7. apedog23

apedog23 New Member

Itouch

Apple just released a touch that has a 32 GB Space on it. So i would go with it its more versitle and now it has the memory to compete

8. chillwill

chillwill Are you Shpongled?

I'm looking to buy either a Zune 80GB or an iPod classic 80GB, but still not sure what to get. I only have around 6.5GB of music and not many videos. I have an iAudio X5 now, which doesn't use ID3 tags, so I organize my music in my 'My Music' folder based on Artist(folder)>Album(folder)>Songs.

I downloaded both the Zune software and iTunes, and imported my music library to both programs. iTunes runs like ass on my PC, but the Zune software fine. I realized that I needed to do a lot of work with my music, meaning I need to add artist names, album covers, etc etc.

Which would be more user-friendly for me?

9. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

I'm trying to make the same decision :hs:

10. chillwill

Cool, I'll look into that. I use Winamp anyway.

11. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

I have a gen 1 Zune 80 Gig I believe. I have never had any problems with it. Easy to use and simple. I love it for what it does. The screens much bigger then the regular Ipod's and it just seems to work better. The touch seems nice, never really got to play with a bought one but other then that if you have a lot of movies/music like more than 32 gigs worth even if you want to add more, Zune FTW

12. digitaljames

digitaljames OT Supporter

:rofl: you must be a retard.

13. chillwill

So far using the Zune software has been a pain in the ass. While it looks nice...trying to rename genres and albums has not been easy, since I have to do it one at a time. Is there no way to edit a bunch of songs at once?

Also, when I change the information of a song, it's not changed in my 'My Music' folder. For example, I have never labeled genres for most of my music. I began to with the Zune software, then when back into my 'My Music' folder, went to rightclick>properties on a song I knew I had changed..and the new information was not there. What's up with that?

In regards to iTunes, it still runs like hell with my library (which isn't that big, 6.5gb). I have an AMD XP 2800 and 1gig of RAM. I've heard of others having issues with iTunes 7 anyway.