ZOMG HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ColinTheBrave, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ColinTheBrave

ColinTheBrave You are the black horse.

I just put an intake in my accord and I want some info on plugs/wires My buddy told me to get some boush? high performance wires & plugs with a measurement of 8 or 9 (9 he says is better) I'm new to this but pretty pumped to funnel some extra cash into my car. What wires/plugs should I go with?

Order I'm doing things in.

Intake
    Wires/plugs
    Exaust
    Then who knows!?

2. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

Dude don't bother..... this is coming from an Accord owner

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

wires :bowrofl: that's rich. you ricers will buy anything!

4. The Stapler

The Stapler OT Supporter

The wires will allow the spark plugs to recieve the electrical signal quicker, which in turn will make the spark plugs spark faster, and making the car rev faster and higher! It raises your redline essentially.

5. The Stapler

The Stapler OT Supporter

6. ColinTheBrave

ColinTheBrave You are the black horse.

I also assume that it will provide a bigger spark thus igniting more of the fuel.

7. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

:bowrofl: for believing it!

8. miahmouse

miahmouse crash test dummy

Wires - factory... all others will go to crap quite quickly...
    Plugs - factory recommended... NGK's ftw... the bosch 4tip bullshit foul quickly. Many other than factory recommended will perform worse and can cause buildup on the valves/damage the head...
    The best performance upgrades you can do for your money are going to be in the handling department. I/H/E will add a little but will add more noise than anything else.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Here's the scoop on sparkplugs...

If the car idles smoothly while sitting in traffic on a hot day, doesn't ping when you floor the gas, and the plugs don't have soot all over them when you pull them out, then you don't need different plugs. All they do is spark, and any spark will do -- beyond that, the only meaningful issue is whether they get hot enough to burn the soot off themselves and whether they cool down fast enough to keep from pre-detonating the next batch of fresh air and gasoline.

If you want the best plugs money can buy, get copper plugs. Copper sparks really hot because it conducts electricity so well, and it dissipates excess heat much faster than platinum -- don't even talk about iridium's ability to dissipate heat, all it's good at is not melting. Carmakers only use those fancy plugs because they can say "these plugs will last 11ty billion miles between changes!" Copper plugs wear out every 5000 miles or so, but they're still the best performers you can buy, especially if you turbo your car (or if it comes turboed from the factory), and they cost about 1/4 as much as the fancy ones do.