SRS Zoloft

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sotangledup, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I'm on 25 mg for social/general anxiety/depression. My social anxiety is mainly debiliating shyness. I didn't react well to celexa/prozac (both made me tired or sick) so the doc is startig me off at a small zoloft dosage.

Has it worked for anyone? It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me except making me more depressed and more tired & actually less social. Not to mentio it hasn't helped my laziness/procastination at all, it made me even more prone to sit in front of my computer.
    I've been on it for 2 1/2 weeks. I guess I need to wait 4-6 wks before anything happens.

I've been also trying to convince my doc to put me on a benzo but she refuses to. I just know that would be the best option for my anxiety but she doesn't seem to think so.
    My life is such a mess now, I'm starting to lose hope which is the one thing I always held on to. I don't know I'm 22 I'm getting older and everyone around me is achieving so much and I take such small baby steps to get anythig done in my life. I feel every second that goes by I'm wasting my life.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its not so strange, antidepressants are symptom suppressors and NOT problem solvers.

Don't blame your parents. Don't blame god. You are responsible for who you are. If you want to change who you are, fucking do it. Blaming your genes or your invisible friend and continuing to live the lifestyle you hate will get you nowhere. Accept that you dug the hole you are in, now you've gotta pull yourself out of it if that is indeed what you want to do.

Lazyness is the cause of failures. Start attacking the roots of your problems, instead of relying on others, bring the power of your life back where it belongs namely in YOUR hands, If things aren't going alright then you have to give a swing to your life. Waiting for leperchauns to fix your life is a nice fantasy but unfortunatly it doesn't work that way.

Take your life into your own hands, or life will take it from you.

3. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I appreacite the third reply it was helpful. To answer the first reply no I'm on 25mg once a a day only and let me just say both the second & first reply were nothing short of rude. I can't believe one of you is a mod for this subforum. I love how you assume I haven't done anything to improve my life.

I bent over backwards trying to improve it, trying to be social, make friends, go out, join clubs, do exercise. You can't just say that I haven't try.

and to the mod who obviously doesn't know much about depression, no it's not in your genes but it is a chemical imbalance. It's somethig that I can only help so much on my own. And yes I can blame my parents for trauma, I shouldn't cry everyday and dwell on it but if shit happens, I can't just igore it.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The answer is logical if you think about it, if you didn't state in your first post that you actually did something about it, then from the first post a reader can only conclude that you are experiencing lazyness/procastrination and that that is possible as a result from that you've been unable to do something about your situation. So the blaming finger you point out to me should be immediatly redirected to you for not pointing out what you did. Not in the form of accusation but in the form of self understanding that people here don't have crystall balls to see whats going on in your life, we can only base the reply on what you give. So instead ,please try to inform us as good as possible so that we have a clear view on your situation,in order for us to give the best possible answer towards you in your benefit. I know you feel i gave a rude answer, but based on your first post really your whole situation was something left open for interpretation,to understand it correctly you need not to leave important information out.

So,Im going to give this another try,

From your last reply you obviously did something to improve your life, which i can only congratulate, you tried to be social, to make friends, to go out, to join clubs, doing exersises. Without doubt you have tried,based on the information that you gave. However

I can't see the information' did it work?' , did all the above have an improvement on your life?

What is more important is to understand is that a problem that isn't discussed cannot be solved, for instance what is the cause of your depression? How where your parents involved in this? You see without genes you couldn't have a chemical imbalance to begin with since its a determining factor on how the human body is build. Depression doesn't come out of nowhere, it sparks from unnerving events in the outside world, that are taken up in the mind and destabilize your inner self.

Anyway everthing should be focused on giving a positive swing to your life into a good direction to get you out of the mess that you are into.

So what i want you to point out is.

-What is creating a mess in your life?
    -What do you exactly have a problem with?
    -How are your parents involved into making you depressed?
    -What on earth happend to you that you came in the place where you are now?

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Have you told your doctor about how it's making you feel? They should have you take more or switch drugs if its not working for you. I know its supposed to take longer to kick in but you shouldnt have to feel worse while you're waiting for that to happen. Have you been happy with this doctor so far? If not, you may want to try seeing someone new to see if they could help you more.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

zoloft was an absolute nightmare for me. i am being treated for the same. i was incapacitated for the week i was on zoloft, i got all paranoid, psychotic, couldnt drive, didnt eat, woke up having siezures it was awful. got switched to prozac and its been smooth sailin