SRS Zoloft

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Clix, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Clix

Clix New Member

So I just broke up with my ex of over a year. When she was 16 she had a really bad automobile accident and she started on zoloft becuase she was really messed up emotionally. I start dating her when she was 18. I was 17 at the time. About 6 months into the relationship she went from 25 to 50 and about 4 months later she went to 100...now she is at 150...I cant stand her anymore i made her break it off. She became to where I never wanted to spend time with her or do anything with her. Id literally rather play xbox with my roommates then be romantic or watch tv or just anything with her.

My question is, does zoloft affect the personallity of people? Im going crazy here cuase I love her but I cant stand her since she uped her dose the last time. She was on 150s for a week before I broke it off becuase it was so bad. I was steadily worse as she uped the dosage, but the last time just crossed the line. Does anyone have experiance with this and am I just going nuts or is it partly due to the high dose of zoloft she takes?

2. luckyirishman51

luckyirishman51 New Member

hmm I was recently on Zoloft for about a year and half. Basically if I could describe it and put it lamens terms : "It numbs the caring part of your brain"

I was only at 50 mg (150 is intense wow) and it was enough. Socially I felt great. but my grades dropped to average of Cs from As, and I got introuble alot with police, I just didnt care about alot of things. I just got off, and its very very hard, everything just nags at you.

If she wants to stop she needs to do it gradually, drop a dosage each week. And be prepared for someone very emotional.

What exactly is she doing thats pissing you off?

3. Clix

Clix New Member

Its just her. I see her and dont want to have anything to do with her. Shes a bitch.

4. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I was on Zoloft for a bit, had some strange dizziness side effects so I stopped taking it. That was 2 years ago and I can still feel the sensation at certain points.

It makes you not happy, not sad, just normal. Like you just woke up, but arent tired. Id rather be sad than have no feeling at all.

5. luckyirishman51

luckyirishman51 New Member

jesus yeah. I notice now, when im happy im fucking happy. and vice versa.

Zoloft is shitty and I wish I wasnt on it at all. Before I had social skills, then with Zoloft my social skills got better. When I got off (now) its like I have totally forgotten how to interact with new people. I never cared about what I said before, now I do.

Thank you Zoloft.

6. Clix

Clix New Member

Yeah Ive been talking to her, shes going back to hey doctor to either change medication cuase she still thinks she needs something or change dosage. Hopefully it will get better.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Tell her to get on Prozac. Shit's great. :hsughc: