Zeno Clash

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by bowrofl, Dec 3, 2009.

1. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Anyone else have this game? It's on sale on Steam for $5 and it looks kind of cool. Art style is bizarre and the idea of an FPS fighting game seems quite fresh to me. Any opinions? I think there is a demo, will check it out.

2. Tzuma

Tzuma New Member

I own it. Caught my eye while trying to find new games. My opinion:

- Kept my attention until I beat it.
    - Beat it too quickly - its not a game that will keep you for a long time.
    - Achievements range from wicked fun, to game just likes to piss me off
    - There is a "mini" game where you fight levels of enemies in a ring.

Overall, out of 5 id give it a 3.2 for enjoyment vs price. Its got a decent story, though they could have done much more with it. I liked the variety and changeup of a first person "shooter" (hand to hand combat-r?). The graphics arent terrible. The world is pretty imaginative (mad max meets labyrinth maybe?)

The playstyle is a bit...stuttered...as the story progresses (ie youre watching it) until you get to to the next fight. It then flashes a "vs" screen and then you do that till all enemies are dead. Then back to story mode.

Weapons are somewhat varied and decent, if not a bit overpowered. AI intelligence varies. On normal, it prioritizes having a weapon making cheesing some parts somewhat easy.

For $5, id say its worth it if you're bored of everything else you have and dont want/have the $60 to shell out for a new more polished game. Its worth it just to kick exploding squirrels.