Zaino?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Merli, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

So I've seen a few forum members post good results from using Zaino's products...

Their website (http://www.zainostore.com) seems to claim it's a "polish", which is a bit weird... Do polishes really need a 3 or 4 layer application? Isn't that usually a wax?

Scott's Product Thread says it's a "Synthetic Wax"...

So what is it? A polish or a wax?

If it's a polish, then should I be using S100 on top of it?
    If it's a wax, is S100 better?

I went and bought a midnight purple car, which is essentially black, so I need as much info as I can get on keeping this biatch looking good :(

Thanks for your help guys :)

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

zaino needs to be constantly reapplied from my understanding to get a deep deep shine

never used it so im not sure

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If you want your dark-colored car to continue to look good, use the Final Polish and Clearkote's new carnuba wax - stay away from the Zaino. Too much work for not enough results, IMO.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Zaino looks better on silvers and pearls than dark colors from what I hear on Autopia. I saw a black Viper at the Dallas Autorama a year ago and while it was very shiny, it wasn't very deep or wet looking. A lot of Zaino users who have dark cars will top Zainos with a carnuba like S100 or Pinnacle's Souveran.

Zainos will last a long time but the initial application is time consuming and you do have to let the product dry completely before removing. Too much trouble for me to bother with.

A lot of people swear by it though.