Zaino w/ S100:: Quick ?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Mirwolf, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

Hey Scott or anyone with the knowledge. i just picked up so s100 today and am going to detail use it with Zaino tomorrow. ive been reading through the posts and hearing good things about the s100 cleanser. do you think i should use that as well? and if yes if i when should i use it? dawn, claybar, than the cleanser? or before? thanks. if someone could reply before tomorrow noon would be great! =)

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Not a big fan of Zaino. I know it can be done, people have talked about doing it before, I'm just not sure how S100 fits in with the other Zaino "steps." I'm sure some of the Zaino Nazis can help you out. :)

3. Postwood

Postwood Guest

I have Zaino and S100. I originally bought the Zaino for my black Miata, but the change wasn't that significant. A little "brighter" on the black, but once I put it on my wife's silver Focus, the Zaino became for her car. The S100 is the easiest, best look for my Miata. Though I'd love to do some high-tech polymer, I guess I'm a carnuba using cro-mag.

Topping Zaino with S100 seems bordering on anal retentive to me. I'm not sure you'd notice the difference from plain S100. If you want more steps to keep you busy on your car, just for bonding time and all, I'd do more prep work. Or actually, me, I'd clean the underside of my car and it's wheel wells.

4. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

Thanks everyone. im deciding not to use the s100 until later because ive read that you would have to remove it if you want to add additional layers of Z. since my car is silver i might just stick to zaino and leave the s100 for the other car.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you want a durable polymer option that is not as finicky, Car Polishes Final Polish is great. Lasts about 6 months and no problems topping it with S100, and when you want to start over, no Dawn wash, just start with Final Polish-it has very light cleaners and it will remove anything old on the paint.