Zaino or ???

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jesse_Boyer, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

I've got "some" zaino at home, but i'm not sure i"ll have enough to put 5+ coats on the new Vette. So, I'm debating going with a wax verses a polish. Any recommendations?

Also, I loved Zaino on my other black car, but it seemed to attract dust like a magnet!!

(trying to get it waxed up ASAP for OT)

2. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

Did you use the spray? Z5 I believe it is? Igf you just wash the car, and don't spray it afterwords, then it will attract dust hardcore. The spray though, how it does it Im not sure... will actually help repel dust. But still, its just one of the qualms with having a black car. Join the club.

3. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

I've never used zanio but I think that my process is decent enough.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need better pics

4. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

Meh, its decent pics, but ZAINO I think is pretty kickass. My only beef with it is that it does not "blend" in and cover up small chips like a coventional wax does.

5. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

I just need better shots of my car. I don't really like any of the ones I have.

6. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

I used to be an exclusive Zaino whore. Now, it does a pretty damn good job at what it does, but the process is pretty labor intensive. It does last quite a while too.

After reading the Buffing forums and Scottwax's posts. I have realized that Zaino is not the end all cure for all car clearcoat needs. There are other products out there that also do just as good of a job, if not better, for cheaper, and they are easier to apply.

I have just ordered some Meguiars Swirl Free #9, Vanilla Moose, and P21S (S100), and I can't wait to do my first car with it.

7. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Shineshop has a point. I've found a little time with a clay bar goes a long way

8. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

Actually.. its a long time with a clay bar, I remember when I did my Camaro it took me a couple of hours going over every inch of the thing, but OH MAN, did it make a difference.

9. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

that IS a little time, to me at least. With the time I spend on this my cars, a couple hours isn't a long time at all.