Zaino hard to use?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 6SpeedTA95, May 10, 2004.

1. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

I've seen this on several boards but no specifics...I'm buying all my wax, clay bar, etc tomorrow...what should I get? I'm thoroughly confused now...I was leaning towards zaino but now I dunno...I want something liquid cause that paste stuff I used last time SUCKED...

2. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

It's easy to use.

I love it. :dunno:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you don't mind dealing with the Dawn wash, mixing (and yes, purchasing) ZFX to reduce the curing time and on dark colors a plasticky look then go for it. If you want a sealant system that is not finicky about the products you use it over, you don't need to mix it with anything to make it dry more quickly and has a very nice and deep look, try Wolfgang.

No matter what you use though, if you don't prep the paint right, no product will look it's best.

4. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

I'm leaning toward wolfgang or nxt at this point based on what I've read, I also just read zaino is horridly expensive...can you layer wolfgang? I have a black car so a plastic look is no good.

5. Scottwax

I know you shouldn't answer a question with a question but when it comes to layering, would you rather layer a product endlessly or use a product that works great with one application?

Yes, you can layer the Wolfgang Sealant if you wish, but anything past 2-3 coats is wasting product.

Zaino is not real expensive if you like it. Hell, I have a $70 jar of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. No, my main beef with Zaino is that I like to mix and match products and you can't really do that with Zaino unless you Dawn wash after using other stuff before applying Zaino.

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I bet you could use it over VM with good results, it's just unheard of in Zaino-land. If I ever get my hands on some, I'm going to try that. :)

7. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

Good piont on the layering, I heard zaino was 50-90 dollars, haven't priced it yet though....but I see your piont if it does a good job with 2 or so coats why put 6 on, its wasting product and time especially since I would like to wax every 6 or 8 weeks.

8. Scottwax

My understanding is that Zaino won't bond to the oils in Vanilla Moose. I am going to try the Wolfgang sealant over VM though since the use of the pre cleaner isn't mandatory for the sealant to bond and VM has very light abrasives and the WG pre-cleaner does not. If the paint isn't perfect, I'd go with VM or another light polish over the WG pre-cleaner.

9. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Zaino is a lot of work to get it REALLY nice. The initial, once-a-year dawn wash, clay bar, dawn wash, Z1, ZFX process can take a while, but in the end it looks great.

The best part about Zaino is that it's low maintenance. Once you've got that initial step out of the way, you wont need to apply it again all year. If you do, the shine will be even better, but you don't have to do it - just wash normally and your car will look great.

10. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I find it hard to believe that something like that will last all year.

11. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

It wont be perfect all year, of course the quality will decrease over time. But compared to fresh-wash pictures i have from before my car had any Zaino on it, it still looks better today - and it's been a little over a year since i did the full Zaino treatment, and a little over 8 months since i last put any Zaino on at all.