Yz250f

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by KDXman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. KDXman

KDXman New Member

I am thinking about getting a YZ-F and wanted to know what everybody that has ridden one and has one thought of it. what kind of power it had, how the suspension was, how it handled and other opinions on it. thanks

2. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

I rode an 04 and it seemed okay. I don't really like the way the Yamahas handle, but I think that's just a personal preference. Lots and lots of power on the bottom end, and slightly less overall power than the 125SX I was riding that day. But the 250F comes off corners in a big hurry with no real work required on your part. I didn't have any trouble starting it hot or cold either... I think if you are deliberate with your kick and stay off the throttle they will all start in a kick or two. My only real complaint about the YZ was it had an aftermarket exhaust and it was loud as hell :dunno:

3. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Fun bike overall.

Good power power but also controllable even in tight terrain. Its not a big bore though.

Suspension is a little on the harsh side for trail riding, but not too bad. Would definitely benefit from a revalve.

Jetting needs a bit of work from the factory; a lot of people have had very good luck with the James Dean jet kits.

If I were to buy a 250f MXer right now it would most likely be a YZF.