COMIC yu-gi-oh!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tonez323, Aug 23, 2004.

1. tonez323

tonez323 New Member

can someone explain to me how to play the yu-gi-oh! card game or direct me to a good site/forum?

2. JP

JP Active Member

i have no idea, sorry :hs:

3. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

that chick in the anime is pretty :yum:
    just dl the vgameboy and 2004 tournament game

4. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

I want NOTHING to do with any of this new school kiddy oriented card battle monster crap!

Old school > *

5. JP

JP Active Member

oh and :werd: to that :big grin:

6. Light Speed

Light Speed Guest

it is really easy. just watch the second season of yu gi oh, not the first. it will confuse you. The second may have a few unrelated material but it just about hits the spot and very good and understandable for beginners.

7. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

Yep.

They don't make children's cartoons like they used too. All this modern shit is deteriorating the quality of good cartoons...

Mazinger Z, Astroboy, Classic DB-DBZ.....etc. All replaced by Pokemon'esque crap.

8. geckoman

geckoman OG - registered 02/01. Noobs GTFO

9. tonez323

tonez323 New Member

lmfao last time i ask this board for help all i get is that sucks blah blah well then i aint gonna be askin for anyone on this board's adivce again

10. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

Go on suprnova.org ans search for the three Yu-Gi-Oh: Power of Chaos games - they each offer about 350 cards that the real life game uses.

In order of releases and difficulty: *=easy ****=hard

Yugi the Destiny = *

Kaiba the Revenge = ***

Joey the Passion =**

The work progressively, so if you built a deck in the Yugi the Destiny game, you can import the cards as well as your own deck to the Kaiba game and from there to the Joey game. As an added feature, the Joey game features LAN support, and with the program battle.lan - becomes fully internet playable.

But basically the game works like this: three types of cards and sub-divisions of each one. The 3 main cataegores are: monsters, spell and trap cards. Monsters range from really powerful (you will need to sacrifice weaker monsters to bring it to play) to ok monsters with decent attack/defense and then to weaker monsters that have activate special abilities. Next are magic cards, which you can activate as soon as you draw it from the deck to your hand or when special conditions are met. Certain cards give you more life points (when you lose these you lose the duel/game) and even bring back monsters killed in battle. Finally are the trap cards, which usually hurt your opponent, by either taking away his life points, monsters, cards, etc.

Each player (2 people only) start with a set of life points (usually 2000 in the cartoon and up to 8000 in real life. When drawing monster, they each have a set of two numbers: the left-most are its attack points and the right-most are its defense points. If a 1000/500 monster battled a 200/300 monster, the 200/300 would be destroyed and the difference of attack points would be taken from your opponent. That is if he played the monster in attack mode - if it was in defense mode, their monster would be destroyed, but no life points would've been lost. While setting monsters in either mode, you can also lay trap and magic cards.

The duel ends when one of the players lose all life points OR when they cannot draw any cards from their deck (of usually 40-80 a deck).

That's the gist of it, for more check the Yu-Gi-Oh section of www.pojo.com

11. wifey

wifey Guest

Really not that hard u have a deck with about 52 or 56 cards.. its good to have more magic and trap but make sure u have stong and weak mosters.. usely flip to see who gose first each player gets 2000 life points.. attacing is presst much self ecplained.. soo yeah :)

12. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

also you have to sacrifice X amount of monsters to summon a powerful one

13. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

If you get the Joey the Passion game - I'd be more than happy to duel you on-line using battle.lan

14. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

i have all 3 egyptian god cards

:bowdown:

15. CitznFish

CitznFish Don't live life by a single sentence OT Supporter

if a brain dead retard like ight speed can play it, anyone can play it.

Ive never played it and I'm probalby 24 years to old to care. (36)

16. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

17. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

seriously? dont troll here.

you guys can talk about it in the OT section but dont bring this shit here.

18. ramennoodles

ramennoodles fucking robots...

-Get a deck of 30-50 cards
    -shuffle
    -draw 7 cards
    -Start your turn

-draw 1 card
    -main phase 1 = Play a monster card (Only 1 each turn), set a trap card (Trap cards must be placed face down to indicate it is "Set". You cannot activate the trap card on this turn unless the card states otherwise. You must wait atleast for your enemies turn to play the trap card) or play a magic card.
    -Battle Phase (Attack your enemies monsters)
    -Main Phase 2 (Play any other magic cards or set a trap cards.
    -End Phase

Start Enemies turn (Repeats same steps like your turn and then it will keep going back and forth)

There will be special magic cards that will be called quick activate. These cards are similar to trap cards by being used to counter your enemies attacks or moves. For Example, some magic cards can be used to counter a move or card "spell" Unless if the Magic Card is a quick activate card, it can't be used during your enemies turn.

Summoning Monsters
    You can summon a 1-4 star monster with sacraficing any others. if the monster has 5-6 stars, you need to sacrafice another monster you have on the field to summon it. if the monster has 7-8 stars, you must sacrafice 2 monsters. Certain monsters muss have certain things done before they can be summoned, such as Valkryon the Magnet Warrior (SP?) which requires Beta, Alpha and Gamma to be on the field for it to be summoned. THere are also Fusion monsters, which are the purple cards. THese cards are only summoned when the 2 cards required to summon them are on the field and you have used the "Fusion Card" For example, Blue Eyes the Ultimate Dragon requires you to use a Fusion card when there are atleast 3 Blue Eyes White Dragon on the field.

There is some other shit I can't remember right now. I feel ashamed for actually typing this out :o