GUN You're in a convenience store...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artyboy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

You and the clerk are the only ones there. Suddenly someone barges in while you're in the store, puts a gun in the clerk's face and demands all the cash in the register. He doesn't seem to be paying attention to you. You have your CCW on you. What do you do?

2. Artyboy

I'd be really tempted to light him up but I'd probably puss out and let him rob the store :o

3. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

I am not sure drawing attention to yourself is the best idea. This is tough because the majority of the time they take the cash and leave but theres always the chance they will open fire for no reason.

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I wouldn't get involved unless he threatened me, I'm not going to jail for $17 dollars in the register

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

You dont want to risk anyones life, so you let him take the money. Then while hes making a run for it, you pull out your piece and shoot him.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

depends on where i am in the store. if there is a chance of hitting the clerk maybe maybe not. any other position, im fucking shooting the piece of shit. they kill people just to eliminate witnesses.

protection of the law = win

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

:werd: If the clerk isn't in my back drop and I've got a jump on the guy then I'm going to do my best to shoot him till he's got no fight left in him.

8. Artyboy

Here's why I'd be really tempted to shoot. The clerk pulls out the $17 from the register. The crook gets pissed off and demands more. The clerk can't do shit. The badguy a) runs out pissed off, b) shoots the clerk then realizes you're there and shoots at you or c) puts his gun in my face and demands MY wallet. Now instead of shooting at someone who's attention is on someone else his attention is on me. Unless you're standing right there you don't know what's going on at the register. If you're standing right there then your life is definately in danger.

If I were in FL I wouldn't even hesitate to pull my gun and blow the fucker away. Unfortunately, if I have to shoot someone in CO then I can count on paying at least $5000 in legal fees.

9. Aequitas

As my brother always says (jokingly of course) might as well shoot the person as many times as you can because you never know when you'll get to shoot someone again.

10. Artyboy

Your brother is a wise man

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

nah, colorado protects you against defense of felonies and escape from scenes of felonies

12. Artyboy

Are you sure about that? That bill just got shot down at the beginning of the year.

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

18-1-704. Use of physical force in defense of a person.
    Statute text

(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by that other person, and he may use a degree of force which he reasonably believes to be necessary for that purpose.

(2) Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a lesser degree of force is inadequate and:

(a) The actor has reasonable ground to believe, and does believe, that he or another person is in imminent danger of being killed or of receiving great bodily injury; or

(b) The other person is using or reasonably appears about to use physical force against an occupant of a dwelling or business establishment while committing or attempting to commit burglary as defined in sections 18-4-202 to 18-4-204; or

(c) The other person is committing or reasonably appears about to commit kidnapping as defined in section 18-3-301 or 18-3-302, robbery as defined in section 18-4-301 or 18-4-302, sexual assault as set forth in section 18-3-402, or in section 18-3-403 as it existed prior to July 1, 2000, or assault as defined in sections 18-3-202 and 18-3-203.

(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, a person is not justified in using physical force if:

(a) With intent to cause bodily injury or death to another person, he provokes the use of unlawful physical force by that other person; or

(b) He is the initial aggressor; except that his use of physical force upon another person under the circumstances is justifiable if he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to the other person his intent to do so, but the latter nevertheless continues or threatens the use of unlawful physical force; or

(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat by agreement not specifically authorized by law.

(4) In a case in which the defendant is not entitled to a jury instruction regarding self-defense as an affirmative defense, the court shall allow the defendant to present evidence, when relevant, that he or she was acting in self-defense. If the defendant presents evidence of self-defense, the court shall instruct the jury with a self-defense law instruction. The court shall instruct the jury that it may consider the evidence of self-defense in determining whether the defendant acted recklessly, with extreme indifference, or in a criminally negligent manner. However, the self-defense law instruction shall not be an affirmative defense instruction and the prosecuting attorney shall not have the burden of disproving self-defense. This section shall not apply to strict liability crimes.

13-80-119. Damages sustained during commission of a felonious act or in flight from the commission of a felonious act.
    Statute text

(1) No person, his or her estate, or his or her personal representative shall have a right to recover damages sustained during the commission of or during immediate flight from an act that is defined by any law of this state or the United States to be a felony, if the conditions stipulated in this section apply.

(2) (a) The court shall dismiss the action for damages and award attorney fees and costs to the person against whom the action was brought if the person bringing the action, on whose behalf an action has been brought, or in the case of a wrongful death action, the decedent, has been convicted of the felony or has been adjudicated a delinquent as a result of the commission of the act, unless the damage was caused by the willful and deliberate act of another person; except that such exception shall not apply if the person who caused the injuries acted:

(I) Under a reasonable belief that physical force was reasonable and appropriate to prevent injury to himself or herself or to others, using a degree of force that he or she reasonably believed necessary for that purpose; or

(II) Under a reasonable belief that physical force was reasonable and appropriate to prevent the commission of a felony, using a degree of force that he or she reasonably believed necessary for that purpose; or

(III) As a peace officer, as such person is described in section 16-2.5-101, C.R.S., acting within the scope of the officer's employment and acting pursuant to section 18-1-707, C.R.S.

(a.5) The court shall dismiss the action for damages and award attorney fees and costs to the person against whom the action was brought if the person against whom the action was brought is found not guilty of criminal charges for causing the injuries sustained by the person who committed the felony or act that is defined as a felony, or in the case of a wrongful death action for causing the decedent's death, as a result of the commission of the act, unless the damage was caused by the willful and deliberate act of another person; except that such exception shall not apply if the person who caused the injuries acted:

(I) Under a reasonable belief that physical force was reasonable and appropriate to prevent injury to himself or herself or to others, using a degree of force that he or she reasonably believed necessary for that purpose; or

(II) Under a reasonable belief that physical force was reasonable and appropriate to prevent the commission of a felony, using a degree of force that he or she reasonably believed necessary for that purpose; or

(III) As a peace officer, as such person is described in section 16-2.5-101, C.R.S., acting within the scope of the officer's employment and acting pursuant to section 18-1-707, C.R.S.

(a.6) For purposes of paragraph (a.5) of this subsection (2), a finding of not guilty of criminal charges does not include a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity or a finding of not guilty by reason of impaired mental condition.

(b) If paragraph (a.5) of this subsection (2) does not apply and if the person bringing the action for damages or on whose behalf an action has been brought is not convicted of a felony or adjudicated a delinquent as a result of the commission of the act or in the case of a wrongful death action, the court shall submit to the jury hearing the damages claim the issue of whether or not, by a preponderance of the evidence, the person committed an act that is defined by any law of this state or the United States to be a felony. The court shall dismiss the action and award attorney fees and costs to the person against whom the action was brought if the court or jury determines that the damage was sustained during the commission of or during immediate flight from an act that is defined by any law of this state or the United States to be a felony, unless the damage was caused by the willful and deliberate act of another person; except that such exception shall not apply if the person who caused the injury acted:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  14. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

And then go to jail because you shot someone who was running away.

15. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

as long as the gunman did not take the clerk in back(certain death for a clerk), confront me, cause harm to anyone, i'd let him finish his business... then after he left the store, i'd get in some real world practice in... but if the gunman is harmful to the health of the clerk and myself... i'd drop him in the store.

16. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Didnt mean when hes literally running away, rather hold him up when hes leaving the store or about to get the hell outta there.

17. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Cough slightly and drill him center mass as the weapon swings away from the clerk.

18. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I work at a gas station part time. It's pretty well stocked with firearms, from the people working there to the regulars who visit there. If anybody ever did try to rob us, I'd give em the money. If I felt threatened, they would be dead. Due to the stores reputation though, it would have to be someone from out of town to rob the place. So far it's been open 31 years, and has never been robbed, or attempted.

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I live in NY so i dont want to goto jail for plugging him ill duck down draw my weapon and change locations if he comes towards me or sounds like he might be getting ready to kill the clerk then ill take action

20. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

You guys are all on this WMD forum. Be definition you know the consequences of drawing. You know the ramifications of self defence and the perpetrator fleeing.

If it's just money, let it go. Although there's a side of me that can't "let it go" if you're in a position to do something about it.

On the other hand, you and Apu can make up any story you want and as long as ballistics corroborates your story well then you're ok.

21. Aequitas

Even if he was just taking the money I don't think I'd be able to just let him go. It'd be a combination of anger, feer for my life as well as the clerk's, as well as the thought of what could happen afterward. Say he gets away, is speeding down the road when a cop pulls him over. Cop doesn't know he just robbed the store, so he isn't prepared when the guy gets out and starts firing on the cop. Or the guy could easily kill the next person he robs. You can really play the "what if" game with a situation like this, but I'd rather be on the safe side and not have to hate myself later on because the guy ended up killing someone I know or love.

22. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

depends if I have a shot that I know I can safely make or not.

well actually it depends on a lot of different factors, but the facts are there is a gun in use for a violent crime and I am present, then not only has the guy become a threat to the clerk's life, but potentially mine as soon as he is done robbing the clerk. So I would take the shot mainly because I did not know what would happen next, but that there was person already desperate enough to use a gun in a crime present.

23. deh310

deh310 and what have i become...

you guys are crazy. i cant imagine carrying a gun around with me in my every day life. seems like you are all just a little paranoid.

24. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

something tells me you arent WMD crew....

25. deh310

deh310 and what have i become...

i may have shot once or twice in my time, i just dont understand the need to carry in a civilian enviornment:)