you're 210 27% BF

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by moses, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

what do you do? Clean Bulk and lift, or cut and do a shitload of cardio? I've been eating about 180 grams of protein a day(and otherwise keeping a pretty clean diet), and doing the routine that christophers posted with cardio on off days. hoping that the muscle I build will help shed off some of this damn fat (muscle existing burns calories right?). But its a slow slow slow process and i'm 8 months in and fed up with not seeing faster results :wtc:

am i on the right track here?

2. Doronin

Doronin New Member

Toned muscles alone do allow the body to burn calories more efficiently, but then you have to get the body amped up enough to merit an adaptive response so it will actually burn off some of that stored fat. So yeah, clean up your diet, train harder, and really put your nose to the grindstone and you should begin to see a difference.

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Why the FUCK would you consider bulking if you're 27% bf?

4. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

just having the muscle will do next to nothing for losing fat - 1lb of mucle only uses 5-10 cal/day. The process of building it is what helps with fat loss.

5. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Man up and PSMF for 2 months and you will be ready to bulk.

6. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

The routine christophers posted is probably not the best for lowering bodyfat due to the high demands of the regimen requiring lots of calories. I'd do a more traditional 3 or 4 day split with cardio. Work hard, eat light, and once you get yourself under 20% bf you can re-evaluate your goals to see where to proceed from there.

7. jonno

jonno New Member

cut and up the protein

8. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i'm on week 7 of the routine, and i've seen a lot of improvement on my legs and upper body area.

I'm 5'11 btw.

9. Equipped

Equipped Guest

I started off about the same as you (5'10" 215 lbs). 8 months is a long time to not see any good results. How clean is your diet, what does a typical day consist of you eating? Have you considered EC stack or clen? What kind of cardio are you doing, how long?

10. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

No he said CLEAN BULK...you know...where you bulk eating brown rice and chicken breasts and brocolli :riaa:

11. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

what do you do? YOU PUT DOWN THE FORK.

12. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i was never really over eating. Just eating all the wrong foods :sad2:

13. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

I see good results, but then i see people who've lost like 30-40 lbs in like 6 months and i wonder what i'm doing wrong and what they were doing right.

14. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

That's not true at all. If you gained massive weight, you were eating too many calories, period. I've been there, I've done it all, so figure out your BMR and eat below it. losing/gaining weight is a matter of physics, calories in, calories out. If you eat less than you burn, I guarantee you will lose weight.

trust me ive done it, it takes alot of time, but do you really want to be fat for the next 30 years? isnt it worth the next year of your time to fight for it, be healthy for the rest of your life?

keep working at it, just watch the calories, exercise is secondary to the diet...just make sure the diet is RIGHT...and cheating is for pussies.

15. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

And don't do cardio, if you want to burn fat just walk on the treadmill. Cardio level heart rates dont burn much fat, so just walk for an hour every day, get the heart rate up into the mid range (130-140.)

16. cavefish

I don't care what the fuck he's doing, if you're 210lbs and 27% bf you're a fat fuck and need to diet immediately.

17. cavefish

In fact, the whole idea of "clean bulking" when you're a tub of lard is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Think about that for a second and tell me how much sense it makes.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  18. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

lol remember the one dude that trolled F&N for a while that says he bulks on chicken and brocolli and gets 4000 calories from it, haha what a douche

19. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

hoenstly guys, i don't come in here to be ragged on, or made fun of. So i apologize if my post comes off stupid. I'm just looking for the best information available at anyones convenience.

20. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

thanks, i appreciate your information and always have.

edit: I used to be 220 39%. So i've got some good progress and its because of what i've read on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.