your thoughts on this...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Soldier101, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

I have lifted on and off for the past 2 1/2 years. By on and off I mean I would lift and everytime I would start to see any benefit I would start getting bored and stop. Stupid of me I know.

Anyways, I started lifting again over the past 4 weeks and I am currently 6'2" and weight 242........the weight is the scary part....when I started lifting 4 weeks ago I was 225 lbs...I have started doing MAX OT 5 days a week and eating as healthy as I can. My waist has not gotten bigger and overall my body fat appears to be dropping.

I'm smart enough to know though that there is almost 0% chance that I have managed to pickup 17 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks....Specially since everywhere I read says 1 lb a week is the max in the most optimum of situations.

What are you guys thoughts on this situation. I'm half tempted to go to the doctor to get checked out to make sure something is wrong with me heh

*edit: I havent taken any supplements, I don't take whey yet....all I do is eat healthy and lift hard

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

probably just holding some water

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

post pics and F&N will judge it (very critically) for you

4. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

I wish I had before pics.....I can get some current pics posted by the end of the day though..

5. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

seems like a lot of water though, even if its 4 lbs of muscle increase and 13 lbs of water doesn't 13 lbs of water weight seem kinda high?

6. HalfPastGone

HalfPastGone OT Supporter

well how much more weight are you pushing?

whats your difference in bench?

7. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

the most I have ever been able to bench was 225 for 1 rep max.....

When i started 4 weeks ago I was struggling to do three sets of 135.....this last chest day I pushed 190 three sets of six reps....which means I can up the weight this coming chest day.....

all of my lifts have incredible changes since the last time I lifted. Military Press with a regular bench bar is up to 135....last time i was seriously lifting I could only do like 95 before it felt like i was going to break....squats are going up huge...I don't understand wtf is happening....either my body is hyped up or something has changed.....used to my lifts would increase 2 1/2 to 5 lbs a week if that.......I would hit plateaus everywhere....

needless to say with the lifts going up nicely...I still don't see how I can be muscle mass......I guess it could be a shit ton of water weight since im tall and already have a decent weight to me.

8. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

strength increase is due to "beginners gains" and yes 13lbs of water weight is believable

9. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

that makes me feel a lot better about things then.

So for every break period you take when you restart you can achieve more beginners gains? cause I've lifted before. Sounds like a good way to put on mass quickly, take a month or two off and restart

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

well if you had benched 225 before and haven't lost a significant amount of muscle mass since then you should be back to your old strength in a short amount of time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.