A&P Your thoughts on the Sony DSC-T1?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dmora, Apr 13, 2004.

1. dmora

dmora Guest

[​IMG]

• Imaging Device: 1/2.4" 5.1 Megapixel Effective Super HAD™ CCD
    • Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo™ Media, Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media
    • Zoom: 3X Optical, 2X Digital Zoom, 0 – 4X Smart Zoom™ Feature (depending on resolution). Up to 12X Total Zoom (depending on resolution)
    • Filter Diameter: N/A
    • Focal Length: 6.7 – 20.1mm
    • 35mm Equivalent: 38 – 114mm
    • Aperture: f3.5 – 4.4
    • Focus: 5 Area Multi-Point AF, 5 Step Manual Preset
    • Minimum Focus Distance: 19.7" (50cm)
    • Macro Focus Distance: Selectable 3.1" (8cm), Magnifying Glass Mode 0.4" (1cm)
    • Shutter Speed: Auto (1/8 – 1/1000 sec), Program Auto (1 – 1/1000 sec), High Speed (1/250 – 1/1000 sec)
    • Manual Exposure: ±2.0EV, 1/3EV steps
    • Color LCD: 2.5" 211K Pixels Hybrid LCD Screen
    • Flash Modes: Auto/Forced On/Forced Off/Remove Space/Slow Synchro
    • Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off
    • Flash Effective Range: 11 7?8" – 4' 11 1?8" (0.3 – 1.5m)
    • White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Flash
    • Picture Effects: Solarize, Sepia, Negative Art
    • ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400
    • Scene Modes: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Landscape, Snow, Beach, High Speed Shutter, Fireworks, Magnifying Glass
    • Self-Timer: Yes, 10 Seconds
    • Audio/Video Output: Yes/Yes (NTSC/PAL Selectable)
    • Still Image Modes: JPEG (Fine/Standard), Burst, Auto Bracketing, Email, Voice Memo
    • MPEG Movie Mode: MPEG VX Fine (640 X 480, 30 fps) with Audio, (MPEG VX Fine Requires Memory Stick PRO™ media) MPEG VX Standard (640 X 480, 16.6 fps) with Audio, Video Mail (160 x 112, 8.3fps) with Audio
    • Microphone/Speaker: Yes/Yes
    • USB Terminal: Yes, Supports USB 2.0 (USB Cradle)
    • PictBridge™: Compatible with PictBridge™ capable devices (requires a firmware download)
    • Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media Compatibility*: Tested to support up to 512MB* media capacity; does not support Access Control security function
    • Battery Type/Capacity: InfoLithium® NP-FT1, 2.4W (680mAh)
    • Supplied Software: Pixela ImageMixer™ Software for Sony v1.5, USB Driver SPVD-013
    • OS Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 98, 98SE, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home and Professional; Macintosh® OS 9.1/9.2, , and OS X (10.0, 10.1, 10.2)
    • Supplied Accessories: NP-FT1 InfoLithium® Rechargeable Battery, AC-LM5 AC Adapter/In-Camera Charger, UC-TA USB Cradle, AV Cable, USB Cable, MSG-M32A Memory Stick Duo™ Media, Memory Stick Duo Adapter, Wrist Strap, Software CD ROM
    • Dimensions: 3 5?8" x 2 3?8" x 4?5" (91 x 60 x 21mm)
    • Weight: 6.3 oz (180g) w/battery, Memory Stick Duo™ Media & Wrist Strap

2. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

AWESOME point'n'shoot camera :big grin:

My friends bought one from Japan about 6 months ago before Australia got them, and I was astounded... The LCD screen at the back is h0000000000000000g!!!

Probably my choice of p'n's cameras at the moment, but very expensive, I'd prefer to spend a little extra and buy a real SLR.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

it's one of my most looked at, but rarely purchased cameras. besides being overpriced from the start, the lcd isn't very clear, is your only way of viewing what you're taking a pic of (no optical viewfinder for sunny days) takes memory stick duo pro only ($$$$) hard to find expensive battery, needs the craddle to charge etc, so most opt for any of the following:

Canon Powershot s500 (5mp) or s410 (4mp)
    Fuji Finepix F700 (two 3.1mp image sensors produce a 4mp file with 6mp of detail)
    Casio ex-z40 (with Pentax lens, and very bright/detaidled 2" lcd)
    Casio qv-r51 (with Pentax lens, and very bright/detaidled 2" lcd)
    and my newest favorite the Casio ex-p600
    its a 6mp 4x optical zoom camera with a Canon lens, all metal but slim body, lithium ion battery, manual, apperature and shutter speed controls, extremely fast. But it's even pricier at $649. Thats going to be my pocket camera eventually to complement my 10d thats too big to bring everywhere.

4. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

5. dmora

dmora Guest

yea i was thinking about either the T1 or a Canon S410 or an S500. I used to own a Canon S10 and i HATED the slow start up times because of the lens opening.

6. dmora

dmora Guest

Yea, i read his review last night. But you have to read what he was doing. He tried doing pro shots with a point n shoot.
    :slap:

I think the the camera is fantastic, but too damn expensive and that proprietary memory bs really pisses me off.

7. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

What a stupid review.

That guy bought a Sony consumer point and shoot and expected to get pro-level magazine print images from it, just because it has "5MP" stenciled on the side.

Read the replies to that moronic post to get true reviews of the camera, in applications it was intended for :rolleyes: