Your take on the 2004 Toyota Highlander vs 2004 Honda Pilot

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by JustinAngil, Nov 20, 2003.

1. JustinAngil

JustinAngil Active Member

Im pretty much decided that it will be either one of those 2 cars that I will buy but I'm stuck on a dilemma on which one to buy. I test drove both cars and both are awesome rides.

The Pilot is kind've family oriented, which doesn't match with me. But its pretty roomy and comes with a lot stuff that's standard.

THe Highlander is smaller. It's said to be a "cross-over" SUV. It isn't that big. A lot of the stuff are options that increases the price if I add them on.

Pilot: 3.5 V6 240 HP, 242 Torque
    Highlander: 3.3 V6 230 HP 242 Torque

The dealer is offereing 31,525 for the Pilot EX w/ leather. He added on running boards for the deal.

Another dealer is offering the 31650 for the highlander w/o leather.

What's your take on those 2 cars?

2. CHiEFTAiN

CHiEFTAiN New Member

i have an '01 Highlander. i got the limited package with V6 4wd. i love it. has good power and can really go when u push it. its a fun car to drive. the only thing that i dont like is the VSC, it prohibits me from doing doughnuts... the pilot is definitely bigger than the highlander. it looks good too, but i settled for the highlander because i dont need all that room. i say u test drive both to get a good feel for the car... i'd be willing to answer specific questions if u have any.

3. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

I would avoid both. For that kind of money you could get an SUV with a real 4x4 system. You seem to prefer japanese, so i would suggest a Nissan Pathfinder, or an Xterra. Both have a REAL 4x4 system, and nice powertrains. I dont really like the new 4 runner. Its a little too yuppie/soccer momish. But the previous generation 4runner was alright.

Im saying this as a hardcore 4wheeler. I own 3 4x4s and absolutely love making full use of them.

4. JustinAngil

There isn't much rough terrain in New York City except for Central Park. But I'd probably make front page for all the newspapers in the city if i bought a real 4x4 and put it to use in Central Park. :hs:

5. JustinAngil

I'll basically be using it for picking up chicks and banging themin the spacey back seats.

6. bubbaZR2

im just saying there is no way im going to spend 30k for a lifted stationwagon.

7. bubbaZR2

but i dont see myself changing your mind or anything so, go with the Yota.