MIL Your stand point on Morals of war

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by VIPRKLR, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIPRKLR

VIPRKLR New Member

It seems to me America is expected to have morals and is scrutinized when it ventures towards anything even borderline

It seems we are expected to live to a standard that our enimies do not understand.

For example, in Somalia , it was genocide, and a civil war between clans. AS a nation we stepped in as a humanitariean element but were soon seen as war enimies by the waring clans.

What do you guys think? Lets try to keep peace in here! How do you think the United States morals stack up against the morals of our past enimies/wars. Or even our fellow allies.

2. Fearan

Fearan Guest

This is one of the major things about the Canadian Army. We can't fight "wars" anymore, all we do is peacemake/peacekeep. This tag comes with a heavy burden, a burden of following our strict ROE to the letter.

Some guy with a weapon pointing at you? Depending on the theater, we can't shoot back. Enemy running away after seeing your OP? Can't shoot him, sorry.

All this PC crap is good, I guess... We will make the world a better place, but at what cost?

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

war is no longer a noble affair and untill we quit letting the burecrats dictate what we can and cant do or dont allow the generals fight there war and fight it to win we will never gain total victory in anything.

4. lvkyle

lvkyle I am a punk rocker!

What would of happend if we let the generals fight the war during the cuban missile crisis?

Oh yeah... None of us would be here. The burecrats saved everyones ass on that one :)

5. Mitsukillinsi

Mitsukillinsi Active Member

shoot first ask questions later

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Was this thread created in this forum, or did someone move it here? :squint:

No debate threads in Teh Barracks. On Topic or Die In A Crossfire, next time, please. :wiggle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.