MIL Your real feelings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnnyB683, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

How many of you feel that you made a huge misstake by joining the military and how many of you feel it was the best decision you've ever made?

I'm curious because the general concensus I get when asking people is that they hate Bush and hate the military to boot.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Best decision. Chair Force

3. Tycoon

Tycoon New Member

I take it this is an active duty only question?

4. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

BTW please add the branch you enlisted in

5. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

nah, past or present

6. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Go troll somewhere else.

7. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

I'm just curious because I can get a lot of feedback here with so many members. I always wanted to join the military and I was actually a few hours from signing with the Marines before I kinda snapped out of it and realized I was making a mistake. Not that I look down on the military in any way, but I have always been sort of a pacifist and don't believe war solves anything. And I have been seeing a lot of buddies that have come back from serving in Iraq and Afgan. that are either fucked up psychologically or feel that it was a huge waste of time.

I figure not everyone can feel that way...some must feel they are doing something worthwhile while on deployment...but honestly I don't think I have talked to one person that was happy with what they did over there. And on top of it all I get a lot of people telling me that the military did pretty much everything in its power to screw them in every way, shape, or form..

Just curious to see the difference in replies.

8. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

i'd say reenlisting was the worst decision i've ever made. the first 4 years weren't so bad. and i just hit my 8 year mark, so i'll probably just end up staying in even though i hate it. or switch over to the army.

9. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

Speaking of trolling. If you're not going to contribute...don't be a hypocrit....scroll past the thread

10. brackac

1. Buy an av and contribute to the cause.
    2. Shut the fuck up.
    3. If you want anyone to take you serious in the barracks don't start a thread with he said she said. Especially what you have heard about the military, and how G.W. and the military sucks.
    4. Shut the fuck up.
    5. Refer to #2 and #4

11. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

1. Kiss my ass, I'm not buying shit if I have to deal with cum suckers like you
    2. I'm asking opinions. I want to know what people have to say about their service to our great country.
    3. Go fuck yourself with a steak knife.
    4. If you can't answer a simple question, I dunno how you got into the Military to begine with.
    5. Abide by your own rules and shut the fuck up.

12. brackac

You are not asking for opinions. You are stating opinions you have heard and cutting down the military in a backdoor fashion with your remarks.

13. brackac

I don't see a single question in here. A lot of backhanded comments hidden in the form of a question, but nothing more than that.

14. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

Oh geeze, please read what I wrote. I was asking for opinions on how people felt. I said that most of the response I get from people I know personally are negative. I said, "I know not everyone can feel this way"...I wanted to hear some positive too. So don't get your BDU's in a bunch.

Why don't you tell me how you feel about your service? I mean if I were going to make a guess, you don't sound very happy.

15. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

1. i like how you're a pacifist

2. i like how you were "hours away from signing a contract"

so obviously now you're not just a stupid troll... you're an understanding troll :rolleyes:

3. i see it was only a mistake when you actually had to commit to something whereas before it was just a trip down lah lah land

4. but honestly i think you're a douche

5. the government is conspiring to fuck your buddies over as badly as possible. and it's obvious you know exactly how they're being fucked over because you know how the military pay, medical, promotions, and support system works. :rolleyes:

16. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

The question is implied through statement. I didn't think I would have to draw a map.

17. brackac

Once again your are clueless and wrong. I gave up a job as a Network Engineer with the second largest telecomm company in the world to come back in the military. See unlike yourself I want to experience life and be able to form opinions based on experience, not what others have told me.

18. brackac

Not it is not. The only thing that is implied, and blatantly, is your hatred for the military.

19. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

1. I like how I am too

2. I personally think the military is a wonderful system, but I feel it may not be implimented for the right reasons

3. Erm, kinda yea...I lost my cool about how my life was going...so i snapped and thought it was the best thing for me

4. Thats fine...takes one to know one

5. That may not be the case...i dunno i didnt have to deal with it personally...and some of my friends arent exactly the brightest people in the world so u are prolly right...but not all of them are retards

20. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

Actually, I feel the same, I do want to expirience it....BUT...not if I have to fight for a worthless cause...which is why I ask people who have been thru it already.

21. brackac

Once again another negative remark. You haven't said a single thing yet without it being negative against the military or the government. I would debate you on the supposed worthless cause but I already know you don't have a clue.

22. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

Yeah because apparently you have a lot going on in your life while you cruise the internet :rolleyes:

23. JohnnyB683

JohnnyB683 New Member

Well please tell me something positive, I have yet to hear anything.

24. brackac

When ever I get bored with you I will add you to my ignore list. That is positive to me.

25. brackac

That also is a positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.