your opinions on the kenwood ddx-7015

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Enron John, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Enron John

Enron John :mamorlu: OT Supporter

i have a double din opening in my car and was looking at this kenwood. i like it because its touchscreen and the ability to be able to watch dvds. i dont want a single din one because i think it would look shitty with the little black plastic piece that will fill up the unused space in the lower din spot i also like it because it is flush with my dash. but people tell me i can make one cheaper at mp3car.com but i am not technology inclined. so my quesiton is, is kenwood good specifically this model? i do not want the avic-n1 and i dont like flip out screens and i think it would get quite annoying to insert and take out the navigation dvd everytime i wanted to go somewhere or listen to music. thanks for your help

edited for pics -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rocker_II

Rocker_II K-Car pride

If I can point one thing out it is that the engineers actually used a piece of metal in the support arm of that display. How often do you see metal in car audio head units.

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

to have navigation on that you need a seperate unit...

Get the Eclipse AVN2454

4. Enron John

Enron John :mamorlu: OT Supporter

i dont want it for navigation

5. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

SQ and features are better on the excelon than the eclipse. If wanted it for nav alone the eclipse is nice, but if you want it to build a system around or just plain don't want nav go with the 'wood

6. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

:hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh:

SQ and Eclipse vs Kenwood.. What crack are you smoking?? The only thing the kenwood has better is higher voltage pre outs and so what...

if you really wanted to get down and dirty the Eclipse has a 9 bad eq where as the kenwood has blah

the kenwood has the ability to add more things such as direct siruis or xm etc where as the eclipse requires you to use its aux in..

Next year There will be MANY new items from eclipse including new double dins which i am more than confident will destroy the market :)

btw.. we built a "system" around an AVN in one of our demo vehicles and not one customer has NOT said "wow that is the cleanest sounding stereo i have EVER HEARD" soooooooooo i guess maybe people just need to learn to install???? :confused: