your opinion on this setup

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Soldier101, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

I was thinking about doing this setup and wanted you guys opinions.

I want to cut fat while at the same time putting on body muscle....so im doing a max ot workout plan and i want to work in some cardio just to help prevent huge fat gains and hopefully drop some of the current fat i have (current fat is already dropping slightly thanks to me actually exercising again)

Anyways...I was thinking about this

in the mornings right when I wake up go running (fasted cardio)
    eat throughout the day as i currently do......
    then in the evenings do my normal heavy lifting.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

already done.....I have cut out all fast food, all sodas, all unhealthy stuff...i eat chicken, brown rice, tuna fish, wheat bread...tons of water.....and that is about it (fruits and veggies of course)

im also eating a ton of small meals.....i have something going in every 2-3 hours....including protein shakes for muscle gain etc

3. keeler

keeler New Member

so do you want to lose weight, or gain weight... i'm kinda confused. are you fat?

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

well look at that... the failboat is about to dock.

5. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

im trying to put on muscle mass, while at the same time reducing the amount of fat I have (im not fat, im chunky i guess i could say)

6. keeler

keeler New Member

if you lift according to the F&N routine i'm sure youll do well. morning cardio, lifting at night both look good. you might be able to get away with not monitoring your diet for a while, but youll have better results if you learn proper nutrition and eat more structured.
    you either eat more calories than you need and gain weight or less than you need and lose weight. its very unlikely to put on much mass while trying to lose fat at the same time, note i didn't say impossible.
    if your fat then eat less calories than you need and lose the weight. if your not really that fat then i would suggest eating more than you need and focus on building some muscle for a while.
    from what it sounds like, you will probably fall into the first category.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.