Your opinion on Jeep Liberty...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by newsroom_can, Feb 5, 2002.

1. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

What do you guys think about Jeep Liberty?

I might buy a new car in a year or two and I want to buy a SUV.

I think I will buy one of the small SUV (since I can't afford and don't need a big ones)

Although I never had a chance to test drive Liberty, I like it for the features they have... and I personally think that it is one of the best one among its class..

What do you guys think?

2. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Yes it is best among its class when you consider all of those that also have IFS.
    It does better than most other vehicles off-road that do have IFS, however nothing can compare to a SFA.
    The engine is fairly peppy but is not the greatest on gas mileage.

3. mike1

mike1 Dance Bish

yes but it looks like shit IMO

4. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

Dont know the price comparison but I would get the Trailblazer long before the Libby. More power, better offroad ability, nicer inside and out. And its a Chevy.:bigthumb:

5. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Nah...too expensive for me...the price is $47070 (CAD) with full options....:(

6. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

I didnt realize your in Canada, are cars mreo expensive there?
    then i would go with the libby as a pretty good vehicle.

7. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

I don't know if cars here are more expensive compare to the US We use different currency...right?

I think one Canadian dollar is .63 cents US...

And we have to pay stupid GST and PST, which are 14%,...:mad:

8. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

The Trailblazer is not better off-road than the Liberty. Yes it has more power, but you are also paying a lot more, same goes for the interior.
    The Trailblazer is not meant to go off-road. It is just another poseur SUV for driving to work and the supermarket. At least the Liberty has some off-road worthy features such as ABS being turned off when in 4lo.

As for the Liberty's looks, there are a lot of people who like them. To each his own.

9. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

The 4x4 trailblazer comes with a locking differential. This makes a big difference on the trail. The vehicles are both setup with the same components underneath. And the abs will turn off when offroad in a chevy also. Mine does it all the time. Just not automatically.

10. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

A fan of the Liberty I am not. Personally I don't like their looks, and I can't say I'm very impressed with their capability. The 3.7L v6 is outperformed by a 4.0 on it's best day, and honestly there's other vehicles that offer more power and look better that are just as capable off road.

11. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

It does not come with one, it is optional. Not to mention the fact that is does not have a lever for the transfer case.
    Once again I will also say that the Trailblazer costs much more and is considered in the same class as the Jeep Grand Cherokee which would kick its ass both on and off-road.

12. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

I also "dont have a lever for the transfer case" and that has nothing to do with your offroad capability. I have never had a problem with my transfer case engaging. And oh yeah, Ill kick a grand cherokees ass offroad. But it appears that he isnt buying this thing to go wheeling so it doesnt really matter.

13. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Have you ever wheeled with a Grand? I doubt it if you think a stock Grand will lose. They have one of the best 4 wheel drive systems available right now.

14. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

I'm not saying there system is bad. It is one of the best and I realize this, I am not anti-jeep, in fact there is a jeep sitting in my garage which you probably have never heard of. But I was saying that electronic four wheel drive is not a bad thing either. And when I get the chance to take on a GC ill do it.:bigthumb:

15. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

So what is in your garage? I bet I have heard of it. Is it a J10 or something like that?

16. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

1970 CJ6 made by Kaiser. Not many people have heard of them including some guys at 4wheel drive shops. If you are a jeeper though, I bet you have heard of it. Rick Russell drives one.

17. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Sweet, do you actually use it or is it just sitting there right now?

18. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

Just gone done restoring it. We put on a 2.5" suspension lift and new tires, paint, new wiring, exhaust, etc. But it still has open diffs and the original buick v6. And oh yeah, a whopping Dana 27 front axle. It is kept up at our ranch as our vehicle up there. I did however, stick it over Easter last year, took us 30 minuts yanking it with a tractor to get it out.