your opinion on a bose car audio system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by el gayvo, Dec 4, 2002.

1. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

I think I'm getting one for christmas (rumor has it in the family :o ). This will be my first 'system' other then the stock system i have had since i got my license 8 months ago. I don't know much about car audio so help me out. I hear they suck... are they that bad? I won't be bumpin much, I don't want a system that is competition quality either... just a good, noticable system that my friends are gunna :eek: at. I can always get new subs or somethin if I don't like whatever i get. What do you think?

it will be goin in hopefully an s10 (thats my next planned purchase after i sell my mustang). Thanks.

2. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

also I talked to my dad and he said if they get it, he will be spending "more then he had planned" so I'm assuming it's decent?

3. 04

04 Guest

Well, quite frankly, Bose actually looks at the interior of the car before they slap speakers in there, so you can assume that the sound quality has a good chance of being better than a system some amature throws in there.

Bose is not a good brand though. If you are getting some kind of conversion done to your car, I would highly reccomend against doing it though, as the bose systems will command a horrendous price premium.

In short, if it is already part of the car, then dont worry about it. But if they are going to "convert" your car or something, run like hell away from that idea.... :ugh:

So actually, you probably heard "wrong" that you are getting a Bose system for your car. They don't sell aftermarket car stereo equipment. Only the general public doesnt know of any other audio brand names, so when they hear stereo, they must have automatically thought Bose. Thats just my guess though. :dunno:

4. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

Re: Re: your opinion on a bose car audio system

ok thanks, I know she said Bose. And after doing some research, I saw that Bose systems only come stock in cars brand new so I kinda figured I heard wrong or she was mistaken. Guess I'll see on christmas, thanks again.

5. my dad's acura CL-S and his maxima before that both had bose audio in them. it's ok as long as it's not loud...it lacks bass. REALLY lacks bass.

but you're right, they do not make aftermarket equipment.

maybe your parents are hinting at a new car with a bose stereo...and that's why he was spending more than planned! :bigthumb:

6. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I didn't even think of that!! :bigthumb:

7. report back after christmas to inform me that im right :big grin:

8. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

We have a Bose system in our Pathfinder (stock in Nissans), and man, it fucking pounds. I don't find ours lacks bass at all, I'll have the bass barely up and the volume at normal (pretty low) level, and the handle on my door will be shaking... Pretty good bass if you ask me. Also, you can turn the volume up infinately cause the knob doesn't stop turning, which is kinda cool :big grin:

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

:slap:

10. STA

STA Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I took my dad's maxima out for a spin and the bose sounds like crap (when compared to my budget system) although the bose will sound will sound better than many other factory systems. The main problem is the bass. It is very flat and doesn't vary much. If there's a thump in one song, it will sound like the same thump in another song. It just thumps, no boom, thud, bang, etc...same thump for EVERY bass note.

12. Mack_Daddy

Mack_Daddy We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigar

Suprisingly the only Boss stereo with decent bass I ever heard was in a crappy 1993 chevy caprice.

13. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

you could probably buy a few aftermarket loudspeakers (infinity 6.5") for way less than the cost of the bose system. and it will be much better quality (sound and materials)