Your opinion about the EP3 Si

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by k20a2eh2, Apr 20, 2006.

1. k20a2eh2

k20a2eh2 Guest

I'm thinking of buying an 02-03 Si as a first car. The price range as I've seen on autotrader is around 10-13k. I'd put down about $6500 and finance the rest. I'm not looking for a performance machine just a fun daily driver that provides reliabilty and good gas mileage. What's the public opinion about this (possible) purchase?

2. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

for the money, i think you can get better handling and more efficient hondas. (ek coupes)

it's almost as heavy as an rsx-s with a base rsx motor :hs:

edit: shit, everything i said is just crap i've overheard. i'm not entirely sure of the factuality of any of it

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Have you driven one? They're a bit soft and tall, but I still like them alright... for a slightly sporty road car with lots of room it's a good choice. Comfy seats, plenty of features, shifter placement seems funky but works great.

They also aren't nearly the target for thieves that other Civics and Integras are, since the chassis is uncommon and used K20A3s are as worthless as B18Bs were in their day.

It's nearly the same weight as a base RSX (~30lb as listed), making the performance pretty similar all around. To get all the same power goodies and rear discs in a sedan or coupe you'd have to get an EX, which aren't all that much lighter than the Si (150-200lb) considering the tradeoff in space and the fact they only get a 127hp econo-mill and lamer rolling stock.

cliffs: I'd hit it.

4. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

let me clarify:

i'd rock one, though they only begin to look good lowered, IMO.

5. ///M

///M New Member

I'd get one, the best civic of its time (01-05ish, i know they came out in 02), because all the other civics got d17 pieces of shit with plastic trannys.

the k20a3 isn't bad, and those cars are ok stock. I/H/E/hondata will get you at about 165-170whp, that's around a type-s, a little less power (if you're into that kind of thing).

And there's a bunch of JDM parts available for it, they got it over there and in europe as the CTR.

6. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

I like mine.

Here's my only pic of it. It's an 04 though, so I have 5 lug 16" wheels and the clear tails and sideskirts and dual bulb headlights. An 02-03 will have 4 lug 15" wheels and red tails and no sideskirts and single bulb headlights.

[​IMG]

EDIT: if you want a forum dedicated to the EP, pm me.

7. JubjubRSX

JubjubRSX New Member

take some advice from someone older....dont buy a real nice expensive first car....unless your like 25+first car........everyone tends to wreck their first car and get something cheap.....

8. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

That's what insurance is for. You have to take that into effect when purchasing a car, as for some people, insurance can be almost as much as the payment on the car itself.

9. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

I have always thought that they look like lowered, shortened, and chopped mini-vans

10. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

Indeed.