SRS Your mood and your posts.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mr_weasel, Dec 19, 2008.

1. mr_weasel

mr_weasel New Member

You are having a bad day . You come here and start having fun or you come here to take it out on someone ?
    You got a good news , is it reflected in your posts and threads ?

2. ReFreshing

ReFreshing OT Supporter

I'm usually the same on OT. My mood changes very little in what I post. I usually come onto OT to just relax, chill, kill time, or check out whats going on.

3. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

I used to just come on here and cut loose, completely turn of stress and have a good time.. These days i just cant stand most E personalities:o

4. ondizo

ondizo New Member

Well, regardless of the starting point, people's moods are often reflected in their forum postings. As for my participation on other forums...I know that when I am in a good mood, if I read something which would normally irritate me, I may be more able to let it go. When I am a bad mood, if I see something which irritates me, I am more likely to respond with a "WTF" posting. Just like in face to face interaction where it's hard to completely contain one's emotions, the same goes for online communication.

5. mr_weasel

mr_weasel New Member

Very few have this kind of control.

I cant either. I would rather lash out then contain it and stress.

You da man.

6. oakback

oakback New Member

If in a sour mood, either a forum will cheer me up, or set me off (depending on what I read). If it's the latter, I usually am overly sarcastic, with a lot of profanity, but usually directed toward a topic I feel negatively about.

But most times I'll type out some huge diatribe, then just delete it and not post at all.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If I'm in a great mood I will be social, as in I'll stay in one thread and whore it up with everyone. Usually I'll just float around thread to thread putting in my 2c and then leaving. If I'm in a terrible mood I'll watch a movie instead of going on OT

8. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

i don't post that much as it is, i have been lately because i have little work and my usual distractions are not sufficient enough.

i've always just lurked more and read. i only post if i feel i have something to add to the conversation. i don't get bothered by the posts of others, i'll ignore them if need be, but i'm not going to let some anonymous online person affect my mood to the poit where i need to reply.

so, my mood has little to do with my posts. i like to keep my e-persona boring, bland, and in the background.

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

My mood here reflects a portion of what's going on in my life offline. I'm more controlled here, more precise, less humorous, and less likely to express my personal problems compared to offline. I'm very funny offline, I have a dry witty humor and I'm filled with flaws that are clearly exposed -- I can be self deprecating, or sarcastic, or I can be generally selfish and self centered towards those who I love. I've been known to be kinder and more understanding to strangers than myself or people who I am close with. I always talk about my own problems offline. I'm also very detached here. If someone offends me, I may experience it, but I don't "feel" it. I used to, but when I come to the Asylum or any of the serious forms, I treat them like it's business, not personal.

I don't like criticism which I find is pervasive here in The Asylum. If I have a problem, I can solve it either alone, or with my counselor or doctor. I don't like exposing them here. Those issues that I need to express openly that are a little offensive or off the wall are usually posted in my blog. People are welcome to read it, but it gets far less traffic than OT, and I feel protected by that.

Sometimes I post here in order to feel connected to others, to know I'm not alone or to get compassion, sympathy or just an opportunity to open up honestly on some particular issue. I need these in my life sometimes and I don't always get them offline.

Sometimes I also come looking for consensus if I doubt a particular decision I am making. Sometimes multiple perspectives can be useful. If I don't ask for advice, I prefer not to be given any, but rather be given someone's personal experience.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  10. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I've done that too. There have been a "few" times where I was affected and became passionate about an issue, and I wrote something that was extremely strong (Not offensive), but definitely going to stir the pot and not be helpful. If that's the case, I have occasionally written it, then thought carefully, and deleted it.

Think before you post isn't my strongest quality, but sometimes it's for the best.

11. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I am a sum of whatever values I allowed to impress upon myself, when I come on this forum.

Indeed, it is not like one person is mad, rather it is like millions of people feel differently about everything, and only one is fighting for the wheel.

If I came in here full of anger, and I spoke of serenity, what does an angry man know of serenity? Indeed this is the confusion of tongues, indeed if we want to be sincere we must speak from true sincerity, serene, serenity, and indeed if we want to be angry, we must cause great rage to spew wastefully from our hearts - destroying any beautiful and humble serenity in our hearts.

I am "the city of 9 gates".

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

on bad days, I typically get on OT and post about all teh stuff that I know will make me feel worse. Kinda fucked up, right?

13. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Maybe it helps you cope to get it out even if the attention it draws is negative. Sometimes some is better than none, even if some is pretty miserable itself.

14. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

its actually because I get lazy and don't feel like putting in the necessary effort to be a happy person.

15. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I agree.