LGBT "Your feelings were just superficial and not as deep as mine"

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by marxwa99, Mar 29, 2004.

1. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

Thats the fuckin speech i got tonight from my ex over our one year relationship.

He said that becuase i was willing to hear about the guy he was dating about now. It's been six months, i knew that if we were gonna be friends, i'd have to be a friend and be able to listen about his dating habits without being upset and hurt. I told him that if he needed to talk about the problems they were having and he couldnt find anyone else, i would listen. And he uses it against me. He later changed what he said to say that maybe we were just looking for different things.

It's just hurtful to hear someone you were with for a year just say bullshit like that and really it sort of hurts my desire to even be friends with him if he feels like that.

Any comments, ideas. Maybe it's just me since I let his feelings be able to dictate how i feel.

Just had to :rant2: :bigthumb:

2. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Don't let his comments hurt you... I was hurt for a while thinking about my ex and I've just decided that those feelings don't matter to me anymore, so anything he could say or do (not that he would say anything) wouldn't hurt me. It has to be a conscious effort at times, but you can do it.

3. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I had a similar conversation with my ex after he broke up with me. Even though he denied it, there was an emotional relationship building between him and my friend. They ended up hooking up Mid-November, however I have reason to believe they hooked up 2 weeks after my ex broke up with me.

Anyhow, in a conversation that I had with my ex the day after I caught him in bed with my friend in November, I told him point blank - "don't come to me for help or guidance in your relationship with him. You're on your own. You made your bed, now fucking lay in it."

Needless to say, after all the bullshit and rollercoaster rides my ex put me on after the fact, I have completely pulled myself away from him. I have no desire to be a friend or acquaintence of his.

4. NOVAJock

Taylor, I didn't realize you're in the DC area. cool. :)

5. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

People that brag about being deep...kind of ironic don't you think? Heh, don't let it get to you bud.

6. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:bigthumb:

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

thanks for all the advice. The thing that makes it so much harder is that he really is still one of the few people i trust 100%. Don't get me wrong. He's not a prick. But to have all this trust built up and then hear him say it (and hes said hes said it many times before never without this response), it just kinda makes you wonder. It really changes my views to know that he thinks i wasn't so into our relationship as he was.

I more or less told him i dont give a damn about whoever he dates and his "concerns" about how neutral I am about to the fact that he's dating someone else is his problem and not mine. He can accept it and let me be a friend, or he can cause all this grief and fuck up our rebuilding of a friendship :)

8. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:rolleyes: LOL, oh, we've just been talking about St. Mary's Honors College of Maryland for how long??? :rofl:

9. NOVAJock

:slap: bitch

10. CoCo

When my ex of three years and I broke up, I took a year off from him. Like, I would not speak to him. I told him str8t (well....) up that I needed just that long to TRY and fall out of love with him, and I cannot do that with you trying to play the friends-w/benefits card with me. He was good for the first of the next two semesters, but the second of the two, he decided to make it complicated for me and transfer into ALL of my classes. I had to rely on the support of my friends, as I wasn't strong enough... After exactly one year, he called me asking if I 'took him off the top shelf yet' and if we could be friends. I did, and we are, although through heavy flirtation...

11. NOVAJock

Interesting. I had the same conversation with my ex and it got to the point where I had to tell him to go fuck off, don't call me, don't email me don't contact me in any manner, shape or form. If I didn't do that, he would have continued to string me along and I have more respect for myself than to allow that to have continued.

12. CoCo

...exactly.