Your Favorite Customers

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Labster, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I have a customer who owns his own commercial real estate business and because of it does a lot of traveling from Cleveland to Cincinnati once a week or so and his car of choice is a 2007 Corvette. Basically the car was trashed, and he's very particular about how it looks when I come out and do it. He doesn't let anyone else touch it except for a touchless car wash. Yesterday myself and my buddy Josh went out to take car of the vette and his Avalanche. Josh took care of the inside and I took on the outside. Sorry, my dumbass forgot my batteries for my camera and I didn't get any pics.
    Anyway, he came home driving his new baby, 1964 cherry red corvette with white leather interior (BEAUTIFUL!), which I'll be doing the works on before he stores it for winter. Finished up on the 07 and the avalanche and had a drink with the owner and when I quoted him the price for cleaning up the vette and the avalanche he never batted an eye and even threw me a $40 tip.
    Very down to earth customer, has money and knows what it's like to be 23 and trying to work my way through college. Anyway, I rambled on about all that to say that these are the kind of customers that make this worth it. He walked around the cars and was like wow, you do great work. Customer appreciation makes this business worth it.
    Anyone have any customers like this?

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I enjoy doing the work for anyone who really appreciates it. While I see alot of daily drivers who sign the work order and hit the road; my favorite customers look at their reconditioned car like a new lease on happiness. Even if it only lasts a few months.

There's also something satisfying about receiving a $30-$40-$50 tip in addition to the price you quoted. Goes to show how under developed the detail industry is. I worked and managed detail shops off and on for eight years and never received much more than a fin. Do the job right and a customer will pay whatever you charge.

I've got one regular customer, $150 cleans on his three cars, rotated every couple months. Each time I get a $30 tip, that's 20% of the total. I asked him "Why don't I just charge you $180 instead?" to which he replied "This is a $150 package, keep treating it like it's worth more than $150 and I'll keep paying you extra"

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've been in business so long I have too many favorites to list.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i had a teacher last year that kept her SUV clean anyways, and still payed me to wash/OCW once a month. and she raved over it everytime.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Mine is my Mercedes AMG customer. Pays me 350.00 every 5 weeks to detail the car. Takes me 5 hours though.......every five weeks! Pet hair!

The 350.00 is a check made out to the business and there is a 50.00 bill with it every time!

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I think what I like the most is customers who listen to me when I go over with them how to care for their cars and then actually do it. Makes it so much easier the next time.