MIL Your experiences with Boot Camp...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mk3, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mk3

mk3 77 PPTA

Tell me the highs, lows, and about the overall experience...

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

it was gay.

/thread

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Boring.

4. pakman

pakman New Member

Honestly, boot camp sucked. Some people speak of it highly as if it "changed" their lives or made them more disciplined. It boils down to what you make boot camp out to be. I hated it, did what I had to do, and was fucking happy when graduation day came around.

5. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Nothing too hard, honestly. The way the system in Canada is setup we only had a day of range time (it wasn't our MOS course, so everyone in the Forces goes through this course.) We shot like 100 bullets... My MOS (Infantry) course was a llot more fun, and a hell of a lot tougher.

Basically lots of boring lectures, marches and PT. And getting ready for inspection. If you give it your max and don't act like a retard, bootcamp is a joke if you're moderately in shape and motivated.

6. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

agreed

7. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Highest point: I lost 35 pounds
    Lowest: Sitting as a holdover for almost two months after basic because they were too stupid to read that my security clearance had been approved nine days before we graduated, even after I pointed this out multiple times. :rolleyes:

8. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Highs: None. Maybe warrior's breakfast.

Lows: The draining of one's body.

Overall experience: Pain, and lots of it. Looking back I can smile on my experience, but when it was happening it was no fucking joke. I am glad to be out of that fucking place.

9. kazimer

kazimer New Member

Highs: graduation day, through "shared misery" there are some pretty good times/funny stories
    low: boring as hell, wasted time, you get dumber by the day,

with that said. i think everyone should experience bootcamp. for many it gives them a new outlook on life and the things they hold dear to them.

10. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

It sucked. I counted the days till I graduated.
    Pain was an every day occurance. Getting punched by DI's and made to do stupid shit that puts you on wits end.

When it's done though, you have such a sense of accomplishment and you are glad you did it.

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

dot

12. evan2

evan2 Guest

lol I never got why marines and such thought they were such badasses for going through basic.. you really get hit by your DIs, I thought they couldnt do that anymore?

if you want to get hit by random strangers that yell at you then fuck.. more power to ya

af basic was simple, we woke up, formed up, did pt, cleaned up, cleaned the bays, ate breakfast, marched, sat in day room, learned, sat in dayroom, ate lunch, learned, sat in dayroom, cleaned, ate dinner, cleaned did our shit, shower, go to bed

next day same shit

13. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Sounds like you did alot of sitting around. USMC is not to be compared to the AF. Give me a break.

Despite what they "say" goes on....yes you still get hit.

14. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

The officers really try and put and end to it. But at the end of the day you know who has control over your fate. It's called 'D.I. Loyalty'. :o

15. elgranto

elgranto New Member

I recently joined the reserves. Our BMQ course is every weekend for 11 weeks. I just finished the first weekend. I am quite sore. At the begenning it seemed quite intense. But all of my instructors are good and I actually enjoyed the rest of it. Besides the dry heaving after/during PT.

16. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I thought basic was pretty boring, but the final challenge thing, Battlestations, was a fucking blast. Best part, you get paid to do all of this.

17. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

wanna bet?

18. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Battlestations was the shit. Made boot worth it if you ask me.

19. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

doesnt it ever pop into your head, 'hmm, why is it that the marines are generally regarded as some tough mother fuckers and the most elite branch in the world, and they also act cocky after boot camp and talk about how much they got fucked up there? i guess its just a coincidence." maybe its cause you were too busy talking on the phone and relaxing at boot camp, while i was freezing my ass off laying in sandy water under razor wire when it was 50* out. or maybe i had tears in my eyes cause i just got my first letter from home and i was so fucking miserable

im not trying to be condescending, but i know it sounds that way. or so i was puposely a little bit of a smartass.... :mamoru:. but the point is, we train fuckin hard. our lives suck. its not so much that my body was hardened as a result, but my mind. do i think im a badass now? not really. but i know that 99% of the people out there are a lot less badass than me

and for the record, no recruit has ever been poked, choked, hit, slapped, punched, tripped, or pushed.. :hsugh:

20. kazimer

kazimer New Member

thats exactly how i felt about OCS...except minus the pain and ADD annoyance and hatred for everyone around me

21. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

i wouldnt go back in time and take it back. now that its done im glad i did it.

but :werd: theres no way in hell i would have ever... EVER joined if i knew itd be like that

although all the fuckin mail i got from you guys didnt help :squint:

22. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Where are you located at?

Oh, and have fun at the end of november. :wavey: I hope you have all your winter gear. :mamoru:

Nice to see another reserve Canuck.

23. Fearan

Fearan Guest

:rofl: :Owned:

Although seriously that was really fucking lame what OT did, shame on them.

24. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i thought it was pretty cool. i wish OT sent me something like that while i was in boot :o

25. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:rofl: It's all you and Satanic Goatslayer's fault!

Do you still have the booklets I sent you? :mamoru:

[​IMG]