You'd be amazed by modern paintless dent repair (pics)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MartyFukstein, Jul 12, 2006.

1. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

This is not a detailing tip or technique, but anyone [ie, you] who cares enough about their car to have glimmering, swirl free paint should have no dents or waves in that paint. It's more affordable than you think.

In most markets, a paintless dent repair tech will come to your home and remove ALL your parking lot dings for $80 in one hour with no paint sprayed and no bondo--just rods and plastic hammers. Techs can be found in the yellow pages and craigslist, but I recommend contacting local car dealerships for recommendations. For basic dings, just shop on price because even novice techs do excellent work.

Most of you are aware of basic PDR, but the industry has really evolved in recent years to do repairs typically done by body shops. If you have dented panels with little or no paint damage, have a paintless dent tech estimate the work. The best techs can do ABSURD work. The red Lexus below can be done for $350 in 4 hours. Civic: $250 in 3 hrs. To get in touch with the best techs, contact local dealerships for recommendations. Only allow advanced techs with excellent reputations to do this sort of work.

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I need to have this done on my car....lil dimples all over the place :sad2:

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Place near me charges $100 per panel and so many square inches. After that it's $30/sq in.

That a reasonable price? Sounds expensive.

4. MartyFukstein

Nope. Shop around and you can easily beat that.

5. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

I seen a lot of these dent guys that works for dealerships and they are crap! the only amazing guy is at bmw and yes he'll push anything out. but these other guys seems like a freaking rip. they cant do the bigger dents but does it anyways just to make it "look better".. a dent is a dent. and some of those little ones, they push out but it looked like they pushed too hard and left bumps in the metal. my suggestion would be go to a high end dealership or look in the yellow pages. you get what you pay for.

6. XPX

XPX New Member

damn! :eek:

what about cracked clearcoat and such?

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Some of those guys are really good and some of them suck. Shop around and ask for referrences and to see examples of their work.

8. MartyFukstein

You get a BIG discount on the bill. :naughty:

9. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

i have a hard time believing that the body line on the upper part of the door is back to the way it came from the factory