WEB You trust Pagerank Prediction sites?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Browning, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Browning

Browning Active Member

example being iwebtools?

My domain is 3 weeks old, and I've been working nonstop getting backlinks, etc. Anyways, last week it said pr prediction was 3 with 90%+ accuracy. I just checked it a few minutes ago and it said 5 with 80%+ accuracy :eek3:

should I lol at this or?

2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Google only lists 151 links for your site and most of them are from forums...

:hsugh:

iwebtools can only use what it see's on search engines. If the page with your link isnt showing in results then its not being counted.

Overall its pretty accurate, but dont use it as a gurantee. Probably a good call that your site will be around PR4.

Anyways, Page rank is not important at all in how you rank.

3. Browning

Browning Active Member

I know it's not important, shouldn't be taken serious, etc. I was just wondering:)

4. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

5. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

oooh, you have the #1 position for your website name? Wow, NO ONE can do that!

However yes, Google only shows a small portion of actual backlinks. Yahoo gives a better accurate #.

PR, backlinks, and all that mean nothing if it doesn't bring you any buisness.

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

most directories are blacklisted

7. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

Most of those are blacklisted. You need to get backlinks from other blogs, sites, etc. I've tried to PM you before to help, but you ignored it. :o

Having most of your backlinks from directories isn't a good thing - it might get your site crawled a bit, but that's about it. Ask some bloggers if they'll write a review for your site or something for a few bucks, then go around to tons of blogs & e-mail them about link trades. Link to other blog articles when writing yours - once they see that you send them traffic, they'll most likely link you at some point.

Brand your site - not with directories.

8. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

if you search for "youlaughyoulose" i am number 2.

and i am number 9 if you search for "you laugh you lose". i haevnt updated it in months, now im going to make a real site, instead of using lame blogspot tools.

9. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

domain name isnt that important...

I was number 2 for "dog training" for about a year... with a domain name that has absolutely nothing to do with dogs or training. Infact it was a domain name left over after I closed down my import/export gig :rofl:

I havent touched the site in more then 2 years though so I'm on second page of google... :rant2: Dont have time to build more links.

10. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

It's WAY too optimistic, at least I think IWebTool is. I put in 4 of my domains, it came back with 3800+ back links on one of them and the rest were ranging from 1300 to 3600 back links. They're currently 4, 3, 2, 2 for PR, and it's predicting 5, 4, 5, 4 PR.

Although it's pretty fun to use, but I don't think it should be taken too seriously.

11. Browning

Browning Active Member

well it was accurate in my case.

12. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

I think it's best if you check serveral sources to get a better idea.

13. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

who would even search that though?