You truly limit yourself mentally

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by i dangled you, May 22, 2007.

1. I was talking to a very well known poster in the Vag and I started digressing into a conversation about my ex, because she was doing the same. I realized through the course of the conversation, by mentally doing this I was bringing myself down. I felt the feeling set in. Note: I wasn't consciously doing this to reminisce, just to show a similarity. This brought me down, not because I miss my ex, but the thought is a negative one, so it strikes me as a negative process and gets a negative process going. I was watching as my light-hearted happy mood was changed to a negative one.

This was the precursor to my post.

Now let me get to the actual post. I see a commonality with people. We limit ourselves by saying we can't do something or we are not capable of change. We say we are fine as we are now, that is a common excuse. I watch as people limit themselves daily. It's apparent in the Vag daily. I watched as people such as Floppycock, rationalize their behavior and say that changing is not possible, because you cover up some other insecurity. That sooner or later you will revert back to the same behavior as before. I believed this at one point, but don't support this now as I see that there is nothing I am not capable of.

How did this change occur, well one day talking to another well known poster I read an article on self-esteem and it made a major impact on me. I see when I seek validation, I can clearly watch as I try to do it. Now I can watch it and make an active effort to stop it. In time it will be gone.

For example: I was always telling myself I'm not capable of approaching women after my break-up, now I have women giving me their number's. A lot has changed as I've watched how I limit myself mentally. I take steps to stop that now.

I can be talking to someone and watch as my comments and interactions limit myself mentally. Now I am slowly developing the capability to stop this limitation.

My statement now when I feel I can't do something is, I am the Beast, I repeat it, till I am capable of doing what I want to.

Enough about me, let's get back to the post. I see that people limit themselves. Another example, I was at dinner with a friend last night, and I told him to talk to the girl at the table next to us, she was looking at both of us, but I offered he should take a shot. He said the killer words, I can't do it. I looked at him and said I can, got up and went and talked to her. She ended up being a fun person, a good person to be friends with, but I wouldn't have made a new friend if I didn't go and talk to her.

I watch as people keep saying I can't or limit their actions because they don't believe they can do something. Be it at work, be it in life, be it related to women. It's all stoppng yourself before you start. I watch as people say I don't want to, or can't or won't. It's all a limiting factor. You set your own obstacles for yourself. If you don't want something you won't get it. If you say you want something and actively chase it, you will get it. You must stop limiting yourself on a basic level.

Everything starts in your mind. As you think you shall become. So get out there and stop limiting yourself. Finish that project, ask that girl out, do something good for yourself. Stop saying I can't and start saying I can. We as humans are capable of great things we just have to work hard to stop limiting ourselves mentally.

Beasty

2. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Good example about the difference self confidence makes, but you just damaged your friend's self esteem by reinforcing the behaviour that he sits there like a chump and you chat to all the hot bitches. I'm going through a chump phase at the moment, sometimes you just need a wingman for support. Gets you off your arse and the first bit of confidence going and then you're away.

Next time you're out with him, do the Barney move - "Hi, have you met <friend's name>?" then disappear and let him have a go. Debrief him later to find out how it went and offer encouragement.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Anthony Robbins (the motivational speaker) says that our focus determines our reality and that our focus is like a laser beam, cutting through all the other ideas to the one we are focusing on. This is a very powerful idea and I like it....and use it.

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Sounds like you have been reading some of those books I sent you :bigthumb:

5. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

6. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

I like that analogy. :bigthumb:

7. Anytime I see your username

I think of Ludacris' Line in Holidae Inn

Stop, drop, kaboom, baby rub on your nipples . . .

8. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

yep, good post. blindspots and limiting beliefs are the most hurtful things to a person in life

9. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

wow, great post. it's good advice.

10. symptic

symptic I run companies

Sig check.