SRS You know... I just want to say...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Regicid3, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Regicid3

Regicid3 RIP Bubba Kitty... I love you.

"Mom, just leave me alone."

But I've put so much money into helping her get back on her feet (it's been a year, and it just now seems like it might happen) that I only stick it out because I need to see a return. I could've bought the new computer I need, probably could've been back in school by now too and then some...

But I can barely stand being around her and deal with her typical and manipulative blond attitude. I don't know what to do. I had a pretty good (maybe too good) childhood growing up and some might say I should just shut the fuck and deal with it until she's back on her feet because of that...

I don't know what to do. Just ask her to stop talking to me? Or stick it out until she's back on her feet and hope I get a return?

2. pulp priest

pulp priest we're here! we're queer! we don't want any more be

you're being nice to your mother because you want her to give you money.
    i just want to say congrats on being 12.

3. Potato2

Potato2 Money and the power

How much did you give her? Do you really need the money back that badly? If my mom was in financial trouble I'd give her whatever she needed and more and not expect a dime back.

4. Exiled

Exiled New Member

She's your mother, you owe everything to her man.

Everything.

Even though i'm sure it can be hard, it's what you have to do.

5. Regicid3

I figured this is how the responses would go... I know it makes me look really immature. I'm already in a horrible position as far as my future is concerned and helping out my Mother for the past year is making it worse. It's been a god damn year.

It just seems like she's never going to be where she was... Something always goes wrong...

6. Regicid3

I don't want her to hand me over a check in the future. I just want her to help me when she's back on her feet but I don't see her ever getting in a position to do that... So, in addition to the two years of my life I've wasted, another year was spent helping her and I'm not on a good path right now, so it all counts...

I just don't want to be a working stiff for the rest of my life.

7. Good_Hands

Good_Hands New Member

Not to be nosy but....I don't know the background. Why did it take 2 years? What did she do that started the whole process? How much have you given her?

I ask these things because I was/am in the same position with in-laws. My wife and I are the only one who are financial success, therefore able, to help with the money problems they have.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wait...so you put time limits on how long people "should" take to get back on their feet?? Great :greddy:

When my mom needs help, I jump in and help. When my step dad passed away, I had to spend many, many hours with my mom because she was so sad and depressed. I was also a full time student in CS and needed a lot of study time so it wasn't easy.

It took much longer than I would have liked but I never put pressure on her to "get over it" or anything else like that. I just helped her with the problems she had and tried to show her a better way.

She's doing great now. Perhaps your problem is that you are blaming your mom when you should be blaming yourself. It sounds like you were fucking up long before your mom needed help....so blame yourself.

You also sound kinda spoiled....like if you don't get what you want when you want it, you're going to be pissed. Well as they say, "Life happens while we're busy making other plans." Give your mom a break.....a HUGE mother fucking break!! She's your mom and she's the only one you'll ever have. Guess what....one day she'll be dead and gone and you'll quite possibly wish you had spent more time with her.

9. Regicid3

:wtc::wtc::wtc: Okay.

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:confused:

Why are you crying?

11. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

I think he's just accepting the harsh truth. :hs:

12. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

No matter how you feel about her right now, go hug her. Appreciate that she's there.

Don't waste your time being so pissed. People don't last forever.