You fucking brolies need to give me some chicken breast recipes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TheBoyWonder, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

shit is so dry if you dont cook it right

2. Mass

Mass Active Member

1 chicken breast, cover with roasted red pepper hummus. devour.

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

lemon pepper/garlic salt/lemon juice

bake in oven

4. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

5. TZ

TZ Banned

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i have this italian herb mix shit that i got from costco...tastes awesome on chicken.

7. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

when i want to get fancy i coat mine in mustard, then crush up a bunch of almonds and roll the chicken in the crushed almonds, sometimes i stuff them with feta cheese and then bake in the oven

8. smb is me

smb is me New Member

some one on here once suggested you buy the chicken tender strips from costco instead of chicken breasts. A little more expensive, but is easier to cook and b/c smaller doesn't get as dry.

I listened. I know not of this dry chicken you speak of. can't help you.

BTW, other benefit is there is no guess work. 2 chicken tenders=1 serving. 110 calories. 20 whatever protein. You want 220 cals and 40 protein, eat 4 chicken tenders, einstein.

9. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

mix bread crumbs, blue cheese, thyme, butter, parsley, salt and pepper to form a paste. smear on chicken. broil in oven.

10. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

its just that chicken breasts are literally SO fucking dry. whats the benefit of eating them over say a nice fucking egg white omelet with some cheese. b/c i can eat that on the reg.

11. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

i hate chicken. i'm eating a lot of bison and beef these days.

12. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

EL PATO!

13. thespazz

thespazz New Member

Dijon + Guinness Marinade O/N ... cook.

Can't wait for tomorrow :noes::noes:

14. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i just use mustard yo

15. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Just eat pork and some applesauce dawg.

16. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

I'm not a brolie, but I use to work in restaurants as a chef and make some pretty decent chicken. The easiest thing to do is to get some peanut oil in a sautee pan and heat it up to just below the smoke point. Take the chicken breast and put salt and pepper on both sides, then lay it down into the pan to brown each side. The trick to doing this correctly is to not overload the pan; I will put at MOST 2 breasts and usually just one in the pan. When you overload the pan you reduce the amount of heat being transferred to each individual chicken breast, therefor you don't sear it you just end up cooking it.

Once each breast is seared, put them on a rack above a tray and finish them in the oven at 350 for roughly 30mins (could be longer or shorter depending on your oven).

Another good option is to buy bone in pieces of chicken, take the skin off, season with salt and pepper; and then throw them on your BBQ. THIS IS NOT GRILLING, FUCK GRILLING. Grilling does nothing but give you tough, chewy, dry meat. The only pieces of meat that you should grill are steaks, hotdogs, and hamburgers. So, that being said, you are going to make your pyramid of briquettes and use less than you normally would (about 3/4 of what you would normally use). Once they are going, pile them on one side of the grill and put your chicken on the other side and then cover. Let them cook in there from indirect heat for about an hour to an hour and a half. You will have to add more briquettes after about 40 minutes, start those briquettes elsewhere then add them, do not try to let them turn gray while you are cooking above them (it gives off a strange flavor). You can also add some soaked (for at least an hour) woodchips directly on top of the briquettes to give the chicken a good smokey flavor.

I know both of these techniques take a little bit more time and planning, but both of these lend themselves to making large batches. I will usually make 12+ chicken breasts at a time and just save them for the week. If you have any questions or want other recipes just let me know.

Edited to add: DO NOT CUT THE FUCKING MEAT TO CHECK IF IT IS DONE!! The WORST thing you can do is cut meat while it is still cooking, all of the juices will leave the meat and drip away never to be tasted. Buy a meat thermometer, I even did the leg work and found the one that almost all chef's use for the high cost of $8 http://www.amazon.com/IR220-InstaRe...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1252317744&sr=1-1 Cook chicken to an internal temperature of 160 degrees, You will also want to cover the chicken with foil and let it rest for about 15minutes before you eat it.

If you are cooking bone in chicken, make sure the thermometer is not touching the bone when you take the temp because if you do it will give you a false reading. Also ALL meat thermometers need to be calibrated, follow the instructions on how to calibrate yours so that you get an accurate reading. The best way I have found is to calibrate your thermometer to the freezing temp of water (32 degrees). Get a glass and fill it with ice cubes, then add some regular tap water (just enough to fill the gaps in the ice) and let it stand for a minute or two. Then stick the thermometer in and let it sit for about a minute, once you have done that set the thermometer to 32 degrees and now you have a tool that will give you accurate measurements.

Also, if you guys want me to write a full on end all be all guide of chicken cooking (since it is so popular with the brolies) let me know and I will set aside some time to make a fully inclusive thread that is written at retard level so that even if the only thing you know how to make is a brotein shake you will be able to figure out how to make delicious, tasty, healthy chicken dishes.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  17. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

18. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

whatever recipies u use, get a nuwave oven. The motherfucker is awesome.

19. Ore

Ore OT Supporter

when i grill that shit it doesnt turn out dry?

20. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i use the george foreman...marinate the chicken for a little bit, cook, serve with mustard

21. Cabbagekid-108

Cabbagekid-108 New Member

include olive oil in any chicken cooking whether you sauté, grill, bake, bbq it, anything. it'll help keep moisture in the chicken

22. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

:bowdown: some awesome advice on chicken and cooking in general, thanks!!

23. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

my satay recipe never gets old.

24. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk OT Supporter

5 lbs of frozen chicken into the crockpot, packet of italian dressing seasoning, 6 hours on low

25. Krazy

Krazy OT Supporter

10 minutes in the pressure cooker here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.