SRS You cannot get addicted to coke if you tell yourself that....(help me)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kira Yamato, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

My Story
    ---------------------------

I dunno I experimented with coke when I was in high school (3 years ago) to get work done homework extra credit and what not......

I was on Honor Society I had a straight GPA of 4.0 I was part of the Surf Club Chess Club and Skate Club I scored a 1420 on the SATS

anyways My senior year was all about coke thats all I did I kept telling myself it was for the grades and to get the hell out of high school

I ended up dropping out going to a private school and graduating a year earlier on coke.........

after that ive spent the last 3 years sitting on my ass doing nothing but setting up my own small business

I havent touched a single line........

My Dilemma
    ---------------------------
    Im 20 now Im starting college well community college getting my AA because im too lazy and too cheap to go to a University to pay shitloads of cash for my first 2 years of college

I was at a party at a friends house shitloads of pot alcohol and coke everywhere......... I hadnt touched coke since high school

my leg got all jittery and nose twitched :hs:

I dunno if I should go through the same routine that I did in high school

what should I do guys

Ive never been addicted to anything in my life cept caffiene :hs:

Ive done it all Pot Pills Coke I keep hearing that you can get "addicted" but it never happen to me should I start doing coke again?

2. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

Stay away. Cocaine's an ugly woman, but she's always around.

3. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

its so true too were about 3 hours away from Maimi most of the stuff gets pushed around in our City..... :sadwavey: theres no way of getting away from it

4. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

Why don't you go to the thread called "My Story" and read what happened to some others? Coke is addicting in any form. Possibly CA.org or NA.org has some online info that may help you out also.

For me, one is too many and a thousand is never enough, regarding any and all drugs or alcohol.

Good luck and come on back and tell us how it works out for you.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yeah, you must've come up on a lot of misinformation. It's possible for the drug addict to get addicted to any drug. You're either a potential drug addict, a using drug addict, a clean drug addict or none of the above. From your quick analysis I think you fall into the category of potential drug addict or semi-clean (no coke) drug addict. Read the My Story thread, it should help you to see if you can identify with us drug addicts. Sounds like it was controlling your life before, why start again?

6. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

Coke brings bad news(happened to me in the past), iused to do all of the same stuff you did but i got into some other shit to that i really dont want to talk about. But anyways, haven't touched the stuff in about a year or so when the same thing happened to me, at a party, drugs all around, and I actually kept myself out of trouble. You have to have self confidence and self control. Have any friends who tend to stay clean??? Try hanging around them more offen. But just try to stay away from the stuff.

7. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Staying away from the stuff and hanging around clean people is good advice. However, appolotrance1 fails to understand the disease of addiction. The addict cannot exhibit self confidence and self control to stay away from drugs. It doesn't work that easy, for us, outside help is required. If you identify with us, you have to hang with us (the recovering addicts) and learn how to work the 12 steps and use them in your life in order to get better. Self confidence and self control will do nothing for you if you have the disease of addiction.

8. Obnoxious

Obnoxious OG as fuck.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass but this is how I see the advice in your situation..

High School was a much simpler time. Turn in your papers on time and stay up late sometimes to read for a test. The world is much bigger and you are in much more control of your surroundings now in College. Do you still live at home? If not, the added control of being on your own isn't something you want to be affected by a drug habit, when if it seems to work, will become stronger and stronger.

Meh, maybe I'm rambling.. but think about how much weight that mattered was on your shoulders in High School... compared to now, you're an adult.

Stay strong brotha.

9. Do the right thing stay away

my advice to you is to stay way from coke and the people who use it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2005
  10. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

anyone know that this is ROAD TO RECOVERY!! NOT la la la we can use! go elsewhere unless you want to talk about recovering from drug addiction/alcoholism. READ THE RULES PLEASE. I'm here to help people that want help, not to read how using drugs works for you, it doesn't work for me!! Recovery works for me!