MMA yo ripper lets talk thailand

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by teep, Aug 29, 2008.

1. teep

teep New Member

when are you going again?

i'm trying to figure out pricing/logistics myself. turns out my new job is waaay relaxed about taking time off. helps that one of the head honchos is a member at sityodtong too.

posted here instead of pm's in case anyone else is interested in the info

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I fuckin hate you guys T_T.

3. teep

teep New Member

lol i was just watching on travel channel about how patong beach in phuket is the world's number 4 sexiest beach. made me realize how much more drinking and fucking around i did while i was there than actually training.

would love to go back and spend a lot of time there eventually. apparently you can get a year long visa just to "study muay thai". i want to go to a real thai camp. farang camps have good training and are fun/more accommodating, but it's harder to get a real fight, etc.

apartments are cheap as dirt if you don't mind "roughing it" a little and you can eat for $2 a meal.

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

MMA Phucket is good shit.

I'd look up Ray Elbe if you want to go to Thailand. Ray is an American who's running the MMA portion of the gym over there. Go onto Youtube and look up Ray Elbe and see what you can find out. Looks like it's one of the nicer gyms out there. Of course, you want that "out doors, true Thailand" experience, but you don't want diseases and worry for your life. Their gym has internet, nice beds, places to eat, etc. There is a SICK video where he walks you through the whole complex and shows you all of the areas, etc.

Ray ROCKS. Sick guy to train with.

5. teep

teep New Member

is it at Tiger Muay Thai? I checked that place out while i was there. mostly just a farang camp. plus i don't think i can go back to phuket. I would just end up drunk and on the beach every day. i gotta go up north to chiang mai or something where the most fun around aside from training is playing with an elephant.

6. teep

teep New Member

true you can't go all the way there and not have fun, but phuket's a whole different story. it's fucking craaazy there. plus all the overly aggressive hookers and ladyboys freaked me out a little. some chick/and or dude grabbing your wiener at every turn when you're just trying to have a drink and relax gets old faster than you'd think.

lol the contender actually made me want to go to stephan fox's camp, but i feel like koh samui will be the same way.

7. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

lol..

Yeah, those ladyboys are aggressive. It's funny because the hotter they are, the more likely they are to be ladyboys..

Tiger isn't a true farang camp. I'm not sure if you speak Thai, but being at a camp like Tiger would seem beneficial so you could conversate and live a somewhat normal life. I guess if you want the TRUE experience - you couldn't get it there, but I'd take the "85% experience" and enjoy it 100% more personally.

8. ChampKind

ChampKind New Member

You can live like a king on the cheap in Thailand.

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i'd love to go, just not good enough. sucks cause i'm just getting older.

10. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Im thinking of going over there around april next year unsure if itll be drinking beer and island hopping or some training though.

11. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

How far for you?

Also, are you in Sydney? I will be over this winter. We should fire back a couple of Foster's if you're there. :cool:

12. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Im in Melbourne but flights are like $1400-1500 return.

Ive been looking for an excuse to go to Sydney so let me know ill fly up internal flights over here are cheap as fuck.

13. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Yeah, about what they cost here for Phucket.

Done. I'll let you know. Looks like shortly after Christmas. My father-in-law is over there for 8 months for work with 3M and the wife and I are going during the winter (here).

14. ChampKind

ChampKind New Member

Depends on where you are. I spent a week in Pattaya Beach and stayed in a 5 star hotel for less than 100 bucks..not a night I mean total. I had alot of fun there but a few days is enough, unless you were goin to train.I was there in the Navy

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I'm scared if i went i'd never come back.

16. teep

teep New Member

damn. thats what it costs to get to bangkok from here. you should go to queensland and check out jwp's gym. boonchu looks nice lol

after some thought i think i'd handle being there a lot better when it comes to mixing fun with training. i just realized i was 18 or 19 when i went and it was the first vacation i ever took without my parents :rofl:

i'd probably end up at places like fairtex pattaya for a week or so. i dunno how well the girlfriend would handle a bungalow with an outside shitter.

and checkii there are plenty of people that go not knowing a thing. just cause you go to a camp doesn't mean you have to fight. especially the farang camps. you'll get awesome training from real fighters that have had 300 fights. it's just that they can speak english and know when to tone down the training and such. alot of real thai camps are way old school in their training methods anyway.

17. teep

teep New Member

:bowdown: that would be the most epic of shit shows

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I know. My boss told me it is 100+ all year round with crazy humidity all year round.

All honesty, I dont care about the heat, I get VERY ill if i'm in the sun all day, I planned on going out in the rainy season so I wont get sick.

If a few people were to go I would look into tickets. there is some real cheap airfare in Jan i think.

19. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I only moved down here from Queensland 4-5 months ago Ive been to that gym a few times its pretty bloody nice some really really good fighters from that area.

20. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Itll be fairly warm over here at that time youll be looking at highish 90f there will be some drag racing on around that time too.

21. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

in and in

22. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

cage meet in thailand anyone??

23. tkluu

tkluu New Member

im debating on going on this

[​IMG]

24. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence