SRS yet another relationship thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alexs001, Nov 21, 2005.

1. alexs001

alexs001 Mawk! Mawk!

So I met this awesome girl a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. She knows that I like her and would like to pursue a relationship and she said she likes me too. The problem is that one of her best friends, who I have zero interest in, likes me. Now the girl I like doesn't want to give it a chance out of respect for her friend.

How do I fix this? I started out being friendly with the friend just because I wanted to get the seal of approval. Should I cut the friend off completely?

Any advice would be much appreciated, I really like this girl and I don't want to have to walk away from something that could be great, especially since opportunities like this are few and far between for me.

:hs:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Go out with the girl that you love. Just hunt her down until she confirms, and if she keeps nagging, then stop and go out with a 'completely' other girl then those two and move on with your life, whatever you do don't wait and let yourself be put on a leash or fishing line by any of them.

3. alexs001

alexs001 Mawk! Mawk!

well we talked it out...she says it's not what she wants right now...interpret that how you will

on top of that, I get home today to find that my hours at work have been cut in half and I'm not being paid my overtime despite having earned about $15k for the company in the last month. I'm going to quit.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

alexs, before I saw your second post I was going to tell you that she is not interested and her friend thing was simply her excuse. Your second post only confirmed what I was thinking was true. A girl who truly likes a guy will make an effort to be with him. If she doesn't want a relationship with him you will hear all sorts of excuses-many of which will give you hope-but none of which will actually be the truth unless she flat out tells you that she is not interested and will never be.

5. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

:werd: It sucks to say it but an excuse is rarely the truth. This is when you hit the big "NEXT" button and start hanging out with someone else.