yet another gym story:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dmaestro, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

So I split my workout up on Fridays because I have a bunch of shit to do.

Tonight I was in there doing DB presses. As I am doing my workout there are two kids tossing a ball back forth behind me. I ask them to move away from me so they don't hit me with the ball. They move and I go about my pressing. So I am on my fourth set and these 2 kids are still tossing the ball, on the top of my 6th rep the ball comes flying over and hits me.

:o :rl: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am at the top of my rep and toss the left db to the left of me and the right db to the right of me, they go crashing down making tons of noise (they were 80lbs :hs: ). I get up and yell "WHAT. THE. FUCK."

It was like straight outa the movies, the whole gym goes silent. I could've sworn the overhead music turned off too with one of the scratch sounds on a turntables effects :rofl:. Everyone on the cardio machine stops and looks at me. Other guys who were working out stopped and took notice too (gym wasn't that packed because it's friday night, but still there was 10-15people eyeballin).

Anywho, I go pick up the ball walk over to the kids. I immediatley insue the verbal flogging. I went off for a good 5 minutes about their sub standard IQ and 9" biceps, lack of legs, zitty faces, etc etc. I called them little faggot girlymen and the younger kid (they were both prob like 10-13) started crying :hsugh:. I asked him if his pussy hurts and told them to go find their parents so I could his parents so I can tell them how much of a retard their kid is. (Probably a bit much but, WTF, I was just struck with a ball, HELLO?)

They both walk off and about 10 minutes later they come back with the front desk guy. The front desk guy asked me if I was verbally assaulting the children and how that is prohibited in the gym. I told him the kids hit me with a ball and I had previously told them to go toss their ball elsewhere. He said that is no reason to verbally assault them :ugh:. So I go off on the front desk guy asking why there is a lack of supervision around the gym and why are their kids under the age of 16 in the gym room. He made his excuses "oh we are understaffed." I was like well, you guys would've been even more understaffed if one of the DB's dropped on my head and I got Terri Schiavo'd because I'd file a lawsuit :o . Meanwhile another guy who was working out came over and told the front desk guy that I had asked the kids to screw off and the kids shouldn't be in the gym anyways. So after about 20 mins (majorly gaying my workout here) everything is handled and the kids get sent home.

So after a 40 minute hiatus from my workout I finish up. I am still pretty pissed, would've sucked if I dropped the DB on myself or something. I had to tell somebody tho... :hs: /rant

Cliffs: Was doing DB presses, some kids hit me with a ball, I cuss them out, I cuss the front desk guy out, kids get kicked out, I do the deadlift dance on a bench, etc.

2. Dismay

Dismay Elitist Prick OT Supporter

3. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

:ugh:

What is bull shit? lol

4. Dismay

you

5. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

WOW. YOU GOT ME THERE SIR.

6. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

Why would I switch gyms? It's clearly marked on the front door that no one under the age of 16 is allowed in the weightroom with out supervision. These kids were clearly under the age requirement. And I had previously told them to go elsewhere.

I think they deliberately threw the ball at me seens how it hit me square on the head. :o

7. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

You are probably right I did over act. But I was pissed. I also have a condition known as being "Irish." :hs:

But, I am not there to make friends with a bunch of old people, so I could really care less what they think of me. :o

8. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

:rofl: I love these gym story's

9. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

What would've you done?

Where do you workout? I want to come to your gym and throw a dodgeball at your face while you are working out to see how you react. :o

Sound cool?? :x:

10. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

It wasn't my intention to make the kid cry. He just started crying outa nowhere while his friend sat there and giggled.

Why are you always comparing people that obviously arent powerlifters to other powerlifters/people you work out with? I am not a GYM OWNER, I've been working out for about a year and a half and am very proud of my progress. Chances are your GYM OWNER has been working out a lot longer then I have and has had a lot more education on her side w/strength training then I've ever had the priviledge to have.

11. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

:hsugh: no point arguing with you gip.

12. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

yeah, you said if you got terri schiavo'd... definitely

13. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

nah, I made this thread so I could get it off my chest and for people to either laugh at or tell me I am an asshole. :wiggle:

14. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You're an idiot and you lost any chance of respect you ever dreamed of having in this forum.

You bragging about how tough you are while lifting weights (and I use "weight" loosely here) will not make us say "WOW, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEAT THEIR ASSES!!!"

I won't laugh at you or call you an asshole, i'll call you an e-thug though...

15. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

:rofl: Terri Schiavo'd

16. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

17. SlowNegative

SlowNegative Her name is Rio

He had a right to be upset, 80lbs dropped from an arm length on your head is enough to seriously injure or kill you. He took it too far though - avoiding talking to the kids a second time and going to get the front desk guy is enough.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  18. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

I would've yelled "What the FUCK?" and had the kids thrown out purely on the principle that an 80 pound db on your head could've seriously messed you up, but anything other than that would've been excessive.

19. SteveO

SteveO Guest

nice job, teach those kids a lesson

20. Dismay

you got :Owned: by those kids... :rofl:

21. jonno

jonno New Member

22. jonno

jonno New Member

IF YOU CAN DODGE A DB.. YOU CAN DODGE A BALL!lc

23. Snowman

Snowman I know the Benzes. OT Supporter

I can see the problem of having them hit you and that DB hitting something you don't want it to. But there could have been a much better way you handled that.

24. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

I imagined myself in this situation, I'd get pissed but I wouldn't go off on the kids. I'd either tell them again to back off or just get them to leave. You making a scene is no different than the dicks yelling/gruntling loudly when they're pressing 75lb dbs, just as annoying/unecessisary.

25. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

Fuck these bashers.
    Good for you man, I wish somebody would come to my gym and clean house a bit. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.