Yet another feared pregnancy thread.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ArciliteI, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArciliteI

ArciliteI New Member

Alright, let's start with some background info first and questions first.
    Firstly, my girlfriend doesn't get her period very often, maybe once every 3 months. The last time she had a period was 2 months ago, her ovulation cycle is wierd. Now no period = no egg = no pregnancy right?
    and secondly, I know that she'll have to go on birth control pills to help regulate her ovulation cycle again, but is this the same birth control that's used to prevent pregnancy?

Now the reality, I'm an idiot.
    I just had unprotected sex with her today, and i'm a little worried that some of my precum(even though the tip of my penis was dry) may be able to get her pregnant. I didn't blow my load in her though. Should I be worrying?

2. low20

low20 Member

my friend whos a complete idiot used the "pulling out" method with his gf for like 5 months and she never got pregnant. now thats not to say id suggest doing it. its totally stupid. ive gone like 3-4 pumps with my gf with nothing on and then we got worried and quit. nothing came of it, but its mostly luck. your walking on a thin line. just hope u lucked out this time and dont do it again. get her on BC or just wrap ur tool

3. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

4. ArciliteI

ArciliteI New Member

It's not that i'm really freaking out too much about it, I suppose it's because of the fact that she doesnt ovulate properly, she apparently ovulates maybe 3 times a year. :squint:

5. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Birthcontrol is a wonderful thing. If she uses it properly not only will she have regular cycles, but she will also not get preggo. It is a win/win situation unless she's an idiot and doesn't take it all the time or something like that.I would suggest the patch.

6. ArciliteI

ArciliteI New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but i've been reading, and seems like this stuff is like anti smoking. Just my luck, my gf smokes. :ugh:

7. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Sucks for you....Maybe she should try the shot...I dont think you have to quit for that

8. ArciliteI

ArciliteI New Member

smoking also kills the pill too right?

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Most birth control options contain a warning similar to this:

WARNING: Cigarette smoking increases the risk of serious cardiovascular side effects from oral contraceptive use. This risk increases with age and heavy smoking (15 or more cigarettes per day) and is quite marked in women over 35 years of age. Women who use oral contraceptives should be strongly advised not to smoke. More specifically, risks increase for heart attacks, blood clots, stroke, liver cancer, and gallbladder disease, although the risk is very small in healthy women without underlying risk factors.

The reason they have this warning is because smoking increases your risk of the side effects. It's the estrogen in BC that's the main contributor to those side effects, and smoking increases your risk. So she's risking her health more-so by smoking (you already put yourself at a slight risk by taking BC). It doesn't matter what form she gets it in; if there's estrogen in it then she's at risk...a higher risk by smoking as well. Progestin also reacts the same way, but usually the warning mentions that it's not as high a risk as combination pills.

If's she's going to go on birth control she really should stop smoking, or at least taper it off to an occassional smoke so that she's not putting herself at a higher risk of side effects.

Oh, and I forgot to mention; smoking doesn't seem to be mentioned as lowering the effectiveness of the birth control, it just puts her at an increased risk for heart problems and blood clots down the road.

10. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i've used the pull out method with my gf who's on the pill. havent had any problems.

gf prior to that, i blew it inside her all the time, she was on the shot, again, no problems.

now that i think about it, i may just have weak sperm.... :hs:

but reguardless, you always dance on that fine line. risk is part of the game.

11. DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn New Member

Me and my ex used to do the pulling out thing, she wasnt on birth control (was and wasnt, on and off type dealie) and she got pregnant after about 2 years of doing it. I suggest get her on the pill, for her body and your walet.

12. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

yes.... there is ALWAYS a risk when having sex, even when birth control is used.

fyi... i wouldn't be this careless next time, as your gf's cycle isn't normal. most girls know when they should expect their periods... it usually falls within the same time period every month. since your gf doesn't ovulate every month, this makes having sex without protection even riskier. birth control would regulate her cycle, and maybe that's something that she should look into.

as far as the smoking issue goes... what does she like more? smoking or sex? hrm.. ;) smoking is bad for you and well, sex is just awesome :o...

i'm closing the thread... please read the pregnancy thread stickied. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.