Yet another amp suggestion request :o

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Section8, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Section8

Section8 .

Ok, my lame Pioneer amp will not put out sound to the rear channel anymore, so I want to start looking for a new amp. My budget would be around $500. Is it possible to get a decent 7.1 channel amp for that price, or would I be looking at 6.1?

And I know it may be asked, so I'll go ahead and button up my flame suit and tell you..i've currently got 2 Hose 701's for my main speakers, and a JBL center channel, Hose Acousamass 5 system for my rear. I know, I know. I bought them when I was in the Military, and couldn't afford much better..never got around to upgrading..that'll happen after the amp :o

TIA

2. 04

04 Guest

I would suggest spending 200 dollars on a new reciever then, and allocating that extra 300 dollars to upgrade your front speakers. IIRC you can get 6.1 receivers for less than 200 dollars.

Do you really need a 7.1 channel receiver?

3. Section8

Section8 .

Well, the speakers still work great, and put out decent sound, so I'd rather have a semi decent amp, and save up for comparable speakers later, as well as a dedicated sub. As far as 7.1, I figure I might as well get the best I can now, other wise I'll probably kicking myself later.

4. 04

04 Guest

Well the HK AVR 330 is a 7 channel receiver, but I doubt you can get it for less than 550 dollars or so.

5. Section8

Section8 .

I'll check it out. 7.1 isn't paramount, but if I could get it for that price, I'd like to. Otherwise I'll just go with 6.1.