LGBT Yesterday was National Coming Out day

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

and there wasn't even a thread in The Closet encouraging our closeted gay and lesbian lurkers to break those closet doors off...

Well, this is it... Ladies and gentlemen, don't be afraid... Do it...

Take those steps to be free.
    Make that move away from pretenting and toward happiness.

I know of one OTer who just told me that he took the initial steps toward coming out.

If there are others, please know that your brothers and sisters on this site are here to support you.

Aren't you tired of lying to yourself and everyone around you?

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...I didn't say anything because traditionally The Closet doesn't respond well to NCOD or NDOS. But maybe we'll change. :hsd:

3. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I didn't know it and certainly would support a discussion concerning coming out, be it on a special day, or any day.

4. sholnay

sholnay New Member

I thought it was national coming out week :o

So my timeframe is to come out to a few people by weeks end... should be interesting.

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Our campus is sponsoring a same sex hand holding day! :greddy: :mamoru: I wonder if I could convince my hunky ex marine employee that it's a school sponsored let me suck you off day? :dunno: :rofl:

6. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I watched LOGO last night and they had a couple coming out stories on there. Brought tears to my eyes. :o

7. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I haven't gotten the chance to watch TV besides Desperate Housewives and 7th Hevan that I TiVo'ed and LOGO is higher then what I can Tivo :wtc: I will be glad when things settle down at work in a month or so and I can start working under 40 hours a week again :hs:

8. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

yep collected about 30 names for an ad in the osu newspaper ad that was 2 pages big and featured a crapload of names of supporters. Funny thing, lotsa gay friends of mine refused to sign it. They can play the game, sleep around, go to gay bars, etc. But ask them to proclaim their gayness in front of a heteronormative society and they get scared. Part of me really wants to say that they don't deserve to be in gay clubs if they can't fully come out. But part of me understands from where they're coming from. And should we really push them to come out? Isn't it their choice? We don't want to become just as oppressive to them as heteronormativity.