MMA Yesterday I helped test this kung fu guy for his black belt.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Exiled, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Exiled

Exiled New Member

All the masters of san sou kung fu came from all over the united states to our gym to do a huge 3 day seminar and the finale was testing this guy for his black belt...

I didnt plan on going ya know im just a jiujitsu guy..

Well.. I wanted to watch so I told my coach hey call me ill come in and watch..

After a bit of watching this master guy comes up to me and says "Hey man want to help with th is next part of his test" and I say ok noi problem.

Now, before this, I took a couple muscle relaxers.. got really baked and went in to just watch a kickass show because testing for your black belt in jung fu is kinda brutal to see.

So anyway, my stoned, fucking medicated ass said yes and he goes "Ok, put this headgear on" im like "ok cool man"..

Then he says "Your entire goal is to take him down and he's going to do whatever he can to stop you"

Im like ok cool whatever

So they say go and the guy kicks me as hard as he possibly could with no gear on.. no pads or nothing.. then im like ok.. try to take hiim down again..

He hits me bare knuckle in the face as hard as he can..

he was about 220 pounds trying to fucking kill me..

Yes, I am in pain right now

My leg is fucking killing me

2. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

it went on for like 10 minutes I think I got him down only a couple of times dude was huge but the way he was hitting me was like fuck man why you hitting me so hard what did I do to you leave me alone lol

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

it went on for like 10 minutes I think I got him down only a couple of times dude was huge but the way he was hitting me was like fuck man why you hitting me so hard what did I do to you leave me alone lol it went on for like 10 minutes I think I got him down only a couple of times dude was huge but the way he was hitting me was like fuck man why you hitting me so hard what did I do to you leave me alone lol it went on for like 10 minutes I think I got him down only a couple of times dude was huge but the way he was hitting me was like fuck man why you hitting me so hard what did I do to you leave me alone lol it went on for like 10 minutes I think I got him down only a couple of times dude was huge but the way he was hitting me was like fuck man why you hitting me so hard what did I do to you leave me alone lol

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

So they proved what everyone knew all along. Kung Fu > Grapple.

6. Exiled

Exiled New Member

lol jesus kids

7. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fuck before I die, I'm gonna come down to that damn city and get baked with you. :bowdown:

Fuckin epic, I've only had to spar once after getting super baked and holy fuck I'll never ever make that mistake ever again. Your slowed reflects are just off enough that it fucks up everything and you eat shots. Plus I couldn't get a game plan in my head on what to do next I was just thinking "Oh fuck what am I doing?!".

8. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Fucking dot.

Only made that mistake once.

9. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I pretty much quit smoking pot before fighting. I can see it for BJJ, but nothing else.

10. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I didn't even like it for BJJ. One of my buddies said it would help me flow better.

Either I didn't even make it to practice because I would start watching Adult Swim or when I did things just hurt...different. Not worse, just different. And I didn't like it.

11. Redneck Shinobi

I actually don't mind being high doing BJJ though. Helps me actually focus, and calm down a bit. I have a better "feeling" of their weight and movements if that makes any sense.

Just to actually get punched in the face high that just isn't fucking cool to me. :mamoru: Sucks for Bit too cause he couldn't really do anything back but try to clinch or shoot in. :hs:

12. teep

teep New Member

i feel like people who roll high just think they're doing shit better cause they're high. except for nick diaz

13. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

So what's the lesson here? :rofl:

14. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Tell the truth.

"Look dude, let me tell you a secret. I'm to high to spar with this mother fucker."

15. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:bowrofl:

Tonyyy !!!

16. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

smoking pot imo is terrible for bjj cardio. I completely stopped as well, noticed a great change

17. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

Did it once in boxing, came in to class thinking I would be doing bag work and the coach asked me to spar with one of the guys on the national team, big mistake :wtc:

18. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I have been doing it for almost 10 years and I have the complete opposite opinion as you. It helps my cardio in BJJ, my technique, my flow and my creative transitions.. also helps my balance. Not to say that without it I do bad, but the few times a week I do go in baked ready to go i'll make my coach really mad because I get him repeatedly and he can't even have any offense.

Guess you could say it depends on the person

19. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I can safely say that I haven't rolled with anybody who believes that pot helps their ground game who actually did better while high vs. sober. But they really believe the did good high. :hsugh:

20. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Weed helps cardio?

wat

21. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

nick diaz, eddie bravo, joe rogan :o

different drugs affects people in different ways. i have a friend who is completely useless unless he smokes. when he's high, he's productive as fuck. as for myself, i'll watch shitty movies on the couch for hours on end

22. Redneck Shinobi

Had a friend in highschool (before I even smoked it myself) that would come to class stoned as fuck and ace all his tests, didn't make sense :rofl:.

23. teep

teep New Member

a buddy of mine used to always say, "study high and get high grades."

he's dumb as fuck though

24. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Well yes, but those guys have been practicing for years and years and years. People can condition themselves to act a certain way under certain circumstances.

There are a few blue belts that I've rolled with who started smoking after they've received their blue belts (because eddie bravo talks about it so much) and totally believe that they are better high than when they're not. They think they have better flow and better transitions... which could possibly be true, but I can submit them at will when they're high. I'm not all that good on the ground either.

My point is pot isn't gonna do shit for your ground game.

25. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Wow man you seem to be pretty certain of that when im literally telling you that is not the case.

I am a very experienced grappler, I train with a very legitimate black belt under Rigan Machado. Now, unless im having a bad day I always get the upperhand with him, and with everyone else I train with currently without much problem. However, if I do smoke pot that apparently to you doesnt do shit for my ground game I completely and utterly dominate him and he'll tell you the same thing.

My experience in how weed affects me (maybe not you, since you're so fucking certain) is mentally, the cardio thing? I can grapple for a very long time, to me cardio isn't even a big deal in grappling. It's more my muscles getting tired than cardiovascular cant breath type of thing I can grapple all day long no problem.

Here's basically it.. when I get high and grapple I focus bigtime, I get very in tune with what im doing and I without any doubt do better when im high because I am mentally 10 times more focused on what im doing than when not high. Sometimes i'll do just as good not baked because im into it, but you know what? After so many hours on the mat it gets repetitious and boring and a little weed my freind, makes me get into it if im not feeling it that day.

Now, since i've been doing jiujtisu since you probably didnt know what the fuck it was (oh shit bi-polar coming out) let me clarify. I dont fucking pack a gravity bong or a steamroller and go in there clouded the fuck up ripped out of my mind. I take my little one bat and I put 1 hit in it and smoke 1 hit, just enough to stimulate my brain and I go in there and train.

I even do that when I do private lessons for people, i'll get just enough baked to focus more on their technique and how to make them better.

That's just how it is so stop saying with such fucking certainty like you're some expert about how it doesnt help your jiujtisu game because it fucking does if you do it right and if you ever want to test it come to minnesota, one day i'll grapple with you sober and we'll see how you do :)rofl:) and then i'll get high and you can judge the difference in asswhoopings.