Yes, I live in the Stone age.... LG Fusic?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chris87, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

I've had my same phone for 4 yrs. Don't ask me why. :coolugh:

My buddy just bought an LG Fusic. I think I want to buy one too, but hopefully some of you can answer some questions for me and provide me w/ first hand experience.....

1)How's the phone for coverage and talking-sound quality? I'm not talking about the service provider like Sprint or whoever, but the actual phone itself. I've heard Razor's fucking suck for sound. That's the sound quality i'm wondering about.

2)I'm not subscribing to the mobile browser / internet. Is there another way for me to get my mp3's onto this phone? I'm assuming I can just plug the miniSD cardreader into my PC and transfer over songs like that?

What about movies or games? If I have a 700mb .avi movie and a 2GB miniSD card, will I be able to transfer it to the phone so I can watch movies if I want?

3)What's the USB cable for? I'm guessing to upload pictures taken onto a computer?

4) How's the real world battery life? If you have the phone on from when you wake up in the morning till goto bed at night, hour many days will it last before needing a recharge?

5) Does the FM Modulator really work well in cars? I don't have an ipod right now, and imagine that if I get this Fusic I never will. 2GB is more than enough music for me to have playing in my car.

6) Is it durable and reliable? I'm pretty easy on phones, so I'm not too concerned w/ ME breaking it, but more-so about the phone crapping out on me.

Thanks. :)

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

My buddy just bought an LG Fusic. I think I want to buy one too, but hopefully some of you can answer some questions for me and provide me w/ first hand experience.....

1)How's the phone for coverage and talking-sound quality? I'm not talking about the service provider like Sprint or whoever, but the actual phone itself. I've heard Razor's fucking suck for sound. That's the sound quality i'm wondering about.
    It's good. So is the speaker.

2)I'm not subscribing to the mobile browser / internet. Is there another way for me to get my mp3's onto this phone? I'm assuming I can just plug the miniSD cardreader into my PC and transfer over songs like that?
    Yes.

What about movies or games? If I have a 700mb .avi movie and a 2GB miniSD card, will I be able to transfer it to the phone so I can watch movies if I want?
    Yea, but it will only understand simple avi's. No DIVX's etc.

3)What's the USB cable for? I'm guessing to upload pictures taken onto a computer?
    You could, but it's easier to use the memory card. It's mainly for you to use the phone as a modem with your laptop.

4) How's the real world battery life? If you have the phone on from when you wake up in the morning till goto bed at night, hour many days will it last before needing a recharge?
    That would depend entirely on how much you use it. If you use it a little, 3 or 4 days. If alot, everyday.

5) Does the FM Modulator really work well in cars? I don't have an ipod right now, and imagine that if I get this Fusic I never will. 2GB is more than enough music for me to have playing in my car.
    VERY short range. The phone has to be very close to the antenna wire for the radio.

6) Is it durable and reliable? I'm pretty easy on phones, so I'm not too concerned w/ ME breaking it, but more-so about the phone crapping out on me.
    Reliable yes. Durablity is average.

3. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Thanks alot Vagabond. :bigthumb:

My buddy hasn't been impressed w/ signal strength and with the volume of the phone (even cranked up, he can barely hear anyone). I've still gotta test his myself before I decide.