YES! Finally upgrade to olympic weight bench and set! v.xmas

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by xpinchx, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

My parents surprised me big time, I had no idea this was coming :hs:. I'm so fucking happy I can actually train at home. The most affordable gym option for me is my school's gym, which is a 30 min drive.... Having this at home now should make it a lot easier to get through my workouts. I would have opted for a power rack if it were my choice, but this should do fine for me now. I'm pretty sure the crutches can go high enough for me to do squats, although I haven't tested it to see how sturdy/safe it is. I just threw some weights on there to test positioning and figure out how everything works. I have a lot of progress to make up for, though. :hs:

If I can't do squats with this, I can always just have 1 or 2 days set aside for squats after a class or something.

Here's the EZ curl bar the bench came with, plus some of the weights. I left the 45lb plates upstairs because I was anxious to get all this set up.
    [​IMG]

Here's the actual bench:
    [​IMG]
    And the standard set I've been attempting to use for the past year. It's pretty much useless :hs:. Only like 120-some lbs of weights. I wish I took a pic of the old crutches next to the new ones for size comparison.
    [​IMG]

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

looks like you'll be able to get some good use out of that new bench. nice.

3. Spyde|2

Spyde|2 New Member

:eek5: nice. yeh i just don't like benches where you have to screw/turn that thingy in the back when it comes to adjusting for inclines. preferrably the ones that just slide in and out to adjust the height level. i like to leave room for spotters unless you wanna get teabagged :hsughno:

4. xpinchx

I'm trying to build my routine around that, so I don't have to adjust the thing 3 times during a workout. Plus my girlfriend is my spotter, so that's not a problem. :coold: I read up a little bit on my bench and apparantly you can use it for squats.

5. elysium

elysium New Member

:noes:
    It would scare me if my g/f was my spotter and I don't even lift very heavy weights.

6. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Nice acquisition :cool:

How are you going to get to the bar with the bench and feet in the way for squatting?

When I live places with space enough to set up my home gym shit I've gotta have the self spotter (http://www.shermworks.com) and an extra olympic bar so I have one on the spotter and one free for other excercises :)

7. xpinchx

I'm not doing anything too extreme yet. If I were to hit failure before expected all I would need her for is to help me with like 30 lbs just to get it back up on the crutches.

8. xpinchx

I'll show you, let me take a pic really quick. :coold:FYI the bench is independant and can be moved out of the way.

Here it is in normal mode:
    [​IMG]

Here it is in squat mode:
    [​IMG]

Here's me standing under it just to show you a size reference. I'm 6'5" so its height is actually pretty impressive.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  9. cheltron

cheltron Active Member

whoa thats way bigger than i thought, it looked like the crutches were pretty close together and those were 5-10lb plates, but i guess they're 25's?

10. xpinchx

Yeah, they're 25's. It's a standard-sized olympic set, so it's probably the same size you use at the gym, although probably not the same quality. It'll work perfectly for me, though. It's pretty sad that I can start to feel my heart rate rise just when I'm doing my warm up sets without any weights at all. Hopefully I can reap my noob gains, though.

11. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Actually pretty cool that the stands go up that high, I wasn't expecting that

12. xpinchx

Yeah, they're surprisingly stable, too. During my last set of squats I backed the bar into the crutches pretty hard and it didn't lean at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.