SRS Yep, another thread.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpectreMatrix, Nov 5, 2007.

1. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

So all my other blathering aside, I have managed to score myself a date. Not like this is a rare thing, but in this situation things are a little (a lot ) different.

My life is still under some pretty heavy construction, but everything is pretty well on track and sort of going by plan.... if you can call it a plan ;).

At this point in my life I am just tired of a whole lot of shit. Silly shit that people waste their time with. I mean as I am typing this post a jet liner could land on my house were I would be lit on fire and die a horrible death. One of the things I am most definitely done doing is going on pointless dates. They are exactly as described .. POINTLESS.

So when talking to one of my good friends(who I just happen to like as well) brings up the fact she is single I go :eek3: and before I know what I have said and done.. requested dinner, drinks etc. She accepted. The panic of what I had done struck about 20 minutes after the fact when I realized what had happened.

Why is this a big deal ? is it a big deal ? Yes, no and maybe. She is a wonderful person, smart, caring, kind. Quality people like this don't come wandering (single) into your life on a regular basis. As mentioned in my other thread, I have been bringing down the walls that have stopped me going out and doing something like this. At no point in my life have I had so much of who I really am out there for others to see, which is scary and awesome at the same time. Realistically, there is a possibility it won't work for this and that reason. But the fact that HOPE exists in this situation, but is not contingent on it. Priceless. It is a big deal, I stepped out and seized a moment, it isn't a big deal, because I will be who I really am.. and maybe it is a big deal... a new key element to my future?! :noes::x::wavey:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Don't stop going on pointless dates. Just make first dates MUCH MUCH more informal and easy to end early if there is no chemistry.

Dinner and drinks? Fuck that, that's committing at least probably an hour of your time. Hang out a coffee shop...somewhere you can get out 5 or 10 minutes minimum if there is no chemistry.

In all honesty, if there is no chemistry, the best thing you can do for both persons involved is to end the date early. Why waste each other's time?

3. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

werd, there is chemistry on this one though ;)

4. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Its game time

5. dano

dano OT Supporter

Get 'er done!

6. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Mission was semi-sucessful. Entertaining as hell, which is better that 99% of all that I have been on. But I am not sure there is any long term potential. But thats ok, I was on fire yesterday and got two numbers.

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter