Yellow headlights (again)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tobagator, Jul 18, 2004.

1. tobagator

tobagator But see drugs and plastic thugs, ain't gon change

I have a 92 eclipse and the head lamps have faded alot was wondering what good products there are for this problem. would like to see before and after pics if anyone has any

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the problem is on the outside of the headlights, pretty much any good polish or even cleaner wax will make them look better. If the problem is on the inside of the lights, you are going to have to take them apart first. You may also want to look closely and see if some of the problem is stone pits in the lens.

3. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

here's my aunt's '96 Civic (which has sat outside all its life) which I did by hand and some 3M Rubbing Compound:

before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

I followed up the rubbing compound with some Blue Coral Plastic Polish and Blue Coral Metal Polish

now on to my other aunt's '94 Grand Caravan (which also has sat out all its life) using DACP and a yellow pad along with my PC...

before:

[​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

Earlier today, I just polished some headlights on yet another aunt's '94 Town & Country by hand (this one was garaged for most of its life) using my trusty blue cloth (which my dad brings home from the hospital) and some rubbing compound... I followed up with some Meguiar's Scratch-X and a terry cloth to get rid of the marring from the rubbing compound/blue cloth (as seen in the picture with the Civic) I really like using this blue cloth on headlights since it seems to have a lot of cutting power when compared to a terry cloth... I tried using Meguiar's Plast-X with a terry cloth on one of the T&C's headlights a few weeks ago and it wasn't agressive enough to restore the finish to my liking. The rubbing compound + Scratch-X combination provided much better results. Sorry, no pics of this one :hs:

Again, as Scott stated, this depends on whether the problem is from the outside or inside of the headlight.

4. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

nice work on these man!

5. Ash. Housewares.

Ash. Housewares. Shop Smart

I use Mequire's Mirror Glaze Plastic Clearner on my Talon. IT works good. I think I got it at NAPA.

6. tobagator

tobagator But see drugs and plastic thugs, ain't gon change

i'll have to pick some up since yours looks nice.