Yeast Infections

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by alex0486, Sep 21, 2005.

1. alex0486

alex0486 New Member

Well, I have heard many things about yeast infections and how they can be caused from too much sex, but this is definantly not the case. My girlfriend has had 2 yeast infections in the past 3 months and we usually have sex like once a week. She said she is sensitive to scented soaps and bubble baths down there, do you think the soap I use could cause this to happen?

2. ej25power

ej25power OT Supporter

No clue...
    But one time I went down on my ex and it was really weird...kinda waxy. I asked her what was up when I was done and she's all "ooooh yea...I have a yeast infection and that was the cream" :squint:

Don't let that happen to you.

3. alex0486

alex0486 New Member

Haha, that's good stuff. Mine won't let me near it when that is goin on.

4. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Eww, that is disgusing! And I think that is not good for you! Gross. Tell her to NEVER EVER do that again. If you have a yeast infection you are supposed to insert the cream and let it sit for a week, so sex, no nothing. You can catch that shit too you know, and trust me it is a lot easier for her to treat than it will be for you. Gross...

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

ibyeastinfectionofmouth

6. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

^^ Yea...that's pretty gross. What kind of girl wouldn't inform their guy that they had a yeast infection...the selfish kind?? Or would she be thoughtful because she wanted to suprise her guy with the gift of sharing. :rofl:

Let me put it as simple as possible lol. There's a delicate balance down there between the Candida (yeast organism) and other bacteria (most commonly Lactobacilli). These are always present, and they keep each other in check so that neither takes run of the place. Washing with soap (and especially douching) can wash away a lot of the good bacteria (Lactobacilli) that keeps the Candida under control. While the Lactobacilli is trying to multiply back to the amount needed to keep the Candida in check, it gives the Candida more time to grow and outnumber the Lactobacilli. Now you have a situation where the Candida is quickly outnumbering the recovering Lactobacilli...which means there's no longer a good balance between the two, and the high number of Candida leaves you with a yeast infection.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to wash, but she should watch what types of soap she uses there & how often. You wash too much with soap & you disrupt the balance enough to end up with a yeast infection; you wash too little & you end up with other issues. It's all a balancing act. My suggestion: If she doesn't want to stop using soap there so often (or find a safe alternative meant for that area), then she could go with the yogurt method to avoid a yeast infection. Yogurt (only the ones using live cultures) contains Lactobacilli, and it can help rebuild the population down there to avoid a yeast infection. She could have one yogurt every day, or she could just eat it daily during the onset of an infection & continue with it daily until it has cleared up. The antibiotics she would get from a doc or otc contain the same main ingredient as yogurt (Lactobacilli).

I don't know if they make a 'genital safe' soap, but it never hurts to check. Maybe if she switched to un-scented/colored soaps instead it would help; just a suggestion.

Found some links that may help pinpoint causes for anyone who may get these frequently:
    http://www.msu.edu/user/eisthen/yeast/causes.html
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/6895-1.asp
    http://health.allrefer.com/health/vaginal-yeast-infection-info.html
    https://community.healthgate.com/GetContent.asp?siteid=mhs&docid=/dci/yeast

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  7. ej25power

ej25power OT Supporter

:rofl: That was like 5 years ago. Good thing I didn't get an infection.