GUN Yeah, yeah, another AR.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Jun 20, 2003.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

[​IMG]

Ordered the damn thing like two monthes ago. i was actually gonna sell it as soon as it came in, since i'm also getting a different preban and i really don't need 3 AR15 carbines...

but then i tried the trigger. :drool: KAC two stage>*.match triggers :bowdown:

i'm gonna get an 18" Douglas barrel for it and swap the RAS for a PRI freefloat fore end. Set it up as an SPR. :wiggle:

2. meat-head

meat-head Guest

3. Furner

Furner New Member

Let me know when you are gonna get rid of the RAS, i might be interested, depending on when you want to sell it.

4. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

5. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

sweet. im addicted. i want to build me a AR now

2 is allways better then 1

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

7. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

:dunno: Works fine for me

8. kellyclan

i don't think i'm going to sell it. It'll migrate over to the CQB gun. But i'm debating finding a freefloat end for that too, so i may, but not for a few monthes.

i gott say, the SR-15 is a tack driver, i was literally getting a single 5.56mm hole with 5 round groups at 25yd. Can't wait to take it to the long range and see what it can do. i'm sure it'll benefit from a freefloating barrel though.

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Guest

The RAS is pretty much as close to freefloating as you can get without freefloating. In other words, the money spent to free float will be pissed down the drain. I can shoot the same group from a rest with a Bushmaster barrel -- it ain't a Stoner.

The only time I see freefloating an AR-15 a good idea is you are 20" or over. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, when i go to a rail, i'm not even going to get a rail system. i'm just going to get the AAC rail for the bottom handguard to mount a surefire to. i use the L-grab anyways, so it's perfect for me. the light is the only thing i see needing a rail for up front, so having 4 rails isn't necessary. i've got the A4 upper, so i can already put optics at the right height. if i got a SIR or something with an over the top rail, it'd put my biznass up too high to really be comfortable.

11. kellyclan

Even the 14.5" BM and Colts usually improve by .5MOA or more, not so much first shot, but as the barrel heats up and the grips begin to put pressure on it, FF keeps the groups more consistant. i still may not bother with FF my CQB Eagle Arms, mostly for the hassle of installation. As you said, for sub-200yrd ranges, i'm sure i'll still be able to hit "minute of torso".

Most people are telling me they're getting 0.5-1MOA with the SR-15 carbines after free floating, hovering around 1-1.25MOA with the solid RAS. Either way, impressive enough for a 16", but once i rebarrel in a few monthes, it'll be sporting an 18.5" and i'd want that extra little bit of MOA.

i'll be sure to get a report back once i get down to open range and i can put it through the paces.

As for the SIR, there's plenty of options out there for getting the sight/scope where it needs to be, it's all about the $$$.

12. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I have (3) AR's but I need a Flattop upper. They look so sweet especially with optics.

13. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

California sucks!!!

14. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest