Yeah so here's the thing about waiting 5-7 days

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Nov 21, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

And other such stuff. Pocco especially ought to read this.

"An example, once upon a time I used to fret over caller ID. Should I
    use *67? Should I just let her see my number on the display. If she
    doesn't answer should I call back. What is she going to think if she
    sees my number? If she sees a pattern of ID block she will figure it
    was me when she picks up a blocked number and it is me. I used to get
    so stressed.

Now I just call. Let her see the number. Call a few times. I called a
    girl five times. Got her on the phone finally. She asks if that was me
    who called all those other times. I said, 'Yep. People need to hear my
    important thoughts asap.'

Then I went right into a funny story about my neice. Later in the
    conversation she got off on my bedroom voice routine. She loved the
    conversation. She asked me out.

The fact that I called five times like an AFC is washed out by how good
    I was in the conversation.

So my advice to many people in here is to forget alot of the 'rules.'
    Focus on getting real good at putting a woman in the mood. Once you can
    do that, little else matters."

- Juggler

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

AFC: average frustrated chump, FYI
    FYI aka "for your information"
    AKA = "also known as"

yay acronyms

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Aw, just for me? How thoughtful! :bigthumb: ;)

I can see a lot in this, allow me to comment? I assume that was part of the point.

Yes, stressed, over nothing. Me, I just call. Caller ID? I don't care.

I will call only once. And I will leave only a short message, such as "This is James, call me back. 415 - 555 - 1212." He does not clarify if he left a message or not, but it appears that he didn't. I personally don't really keep calling because to me this is a simple judge of her interest level, and her ability to call me, and if she even has time. If she is not interested, is not willing to make an effort to call me (think long term here), or is too busy then I have just saved myself the headache. I have called women and never gotten a call back. I have also subsequently run into them at a later time, and all signs have pointed to them not being interested. I don't waste my time with that, I don't care why (assuming I did not make some major mistake, of which I would try and learn my lesson from) and I move on.

Awesome great line, absolutely perfect! This is a great example of cocky/funny as taught by David DeAngelo. :bigthumb:

Routine? I hate to think that a guy would have to use a routine which makes him sound like a machine going through the motions to trick a woman into liking him. How about be genuine? What happens if she likes you and you run out of routines? Are you going to "revert" back to "yourself" and she won't like that? Be yourself.

And then she asked him out? What happened to him making his intentions clear and asking her on a date? Isn't that the point of him calling? I'm not so thrilled with that aspect, I clearly will call a woman to make a date. The phone is a tool for making arrangements to meet in person, as is email and IM / SMS.

I agree. I would also like to know the long term results...

I'm sure he is correct, as he is essentially saying "make her be attracted to you." However, I would say we're missing tons of details here. What was his intention? Dating? Fucking? Long term? Marriage? I assume he's a PUA (Pick Up Artist) and was in it for the short term, which is fine. I don't think you have to follow rules so much, but it is funny that he follows routines.

The best advice I see out of this is him saying "Relax, be yourself, go for it, and be fun to be with." There's nothing wrong with that for sure.

A lot of the advice I find, however, is designed to help out the insecure or inexperienced male who really DOES need a little structure to get started on things. It's the first step that is often the hardest, and sometimes it DOES take a little "framing" to be able to get to these next steps. How can you have this great conversation if you can't get a phone number, or if she never answers the phone, etc.? That's where the basic tips can help most guys.

In my opinion.

So, how's them monkeys? :p

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Personally, I don't care for the idea of leaving everything up to the machine. I would rather call several times to the point where I would write her off as a screener, then leave a message. Since at that point you have nothing to lose by leaving a message, anyway.

Why depend completely on her getting your message if you will never know for sure she got it. That would tempt me to call back a week later and leave another one (which I'm aware is just digging a deeper hole).

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

My take is that if she doesn't check her voicemail, or is a screener, then she's not the type of woman I want to be with. With the Caller ID and the VM, if she can't call me back ... why bother?

She's setting the standard for how she handles communication, as am I.

6. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

calling 5 times is creepy stalkerish stuff

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, I have to think she was picking up the phone to tell him to fuck off. Now, granted, it was an emotional rush for her to be angry, and then surprised by a charming guy, but it seems like he is starting off on the wrong foot. I would prefer to start things with wonder and excitement, not fear and anger.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

unless your cell phone broke up while you were leaving the message, she got it

women are experts at using phones and they know whats going on with their phone pretty much at all times. The chances of leaving a message and her not getting it are very low imo.

Why do you need reassurance that she got the message? Statistically I think you can assume she did and be right at least 99% of the time...

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:werd:

if you can't get her on the phone, how are you going to date her?

I'm a huge believer in calling once, leaving one message, and if she doesn't call back either throw out the number or leave one last message and make it clear that you won't be calling back if she doesn't return your call (her last chance basically)