SRS yeah... i got kicked outta the house today....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lancer, Apr 29, 2005.

1. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

posting this from a friends house. got fucking chucked out for the stupidest reasons.... yes i do live with my parents, and yes i am still a minor. so what should i do? for right now im just crashing here for a while....

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Thats not legal. I am sure they will let you back in after a day since its not legal to kick you out.

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

What did you do wrong? Anyway, I'm pretty sure EliteLamer is correct in saying that it's illegal for your parents to kick you out of the house. I recommend letting them cool off for a bit before you go back.

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

parents are allowed to boot their children once theyve reached the age of 16

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

How? They are not legally adults, they can't find housing, etc. They are allowed to do this at random, or do they have to do anything official? Any sites regarding these laws? I've never heard of that.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This would vary between states, I think. Personally... I'd call the relevant child protection agency in your area and ask what to do :)

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I would not unless you want the government involved. Which can really fuck up your life and your parnets. Good chance its 18. Yes in some states 16 but they cant just boot you out. They have to go through a legal process. I dont know what you did so I dont know if its something that you can just walk back in on. Why dont you tell us what you did. I am sure you have done something, more likely many things to get the boot. But if its something like just pissing them off in general for be ungrateful then you will be safe to go home.

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

here, they can boot you at 12, (mine did) provided they have made a reasonable effort to ensure you'll be taken care of somewhere else... @ 16, they can just boot you period

i was booted @ 12 and again @ 15, both times lived in a group home for 'runaways'

9. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

yeah.. well im 15, and in texas, im pretty sure that its 18 to be legally chucked outta the house... im back in, but i gave them hell for it. fuck this shit. i didnt do anything wrong anyways... fucking went to the library, messed around.... came back with no book in hand, mom bitches, then im out of the house

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

while i have met unreasonable parents b4, i bet you've given them enough reason to be suspicious, and enough lip to be angry

11. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

This is good advice, go wih it.

12. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Lancer we need to discuss the relationship that you have between you and your parents. A bad attitude can cause problems between parents and their children. Can you tell us about the quarrels and why they emerge? Have you been having trouble for a long time or is this only a recent thing?

At any rate you have a lot of rage apparently towards your folks. Which just basically means that you can't find your way around the house.

You see , all quarrels aren't worth it. And certainly not worth for getting kicked out of the house.

13. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Go back tomorrow or the next day once you've all had a chance to calm down. :hs:
    I did the same thing when I was 16.... at that age, after living under your folks' roof for so long, everyone gets stressed and needs to leave for while.

Take some time to cool down, then go back (seriously). If you take the high road, act mature (no yelling, etc), I'm sure you can work it out. :hs:

When I was your age, I absolutely hated my parents. I left home a couple times after fights, and even though I thought I couldn't live with them after that, I found that after spending a couple hours at a friend's place and letting the adreneline go down, I could go home and the next morning actually have a productive (non-yelling) conversation with my parents about the problems we had, and they'd be resolved.

After all, they're your parents. They love you and you love them. They don't want to see you living out on the street or something like that. :hs:

Give them some time to calm down, then go back and discuss things in a mature manner. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. :hs:

[edit: ok, I think I overused the :hs: smiley in this post... :mamoru: But that's just how I felt when reading your story. :hs: ]

14. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

In regards to the legality of it, that'll very by state.

As for being kicked out..... give them a couple of days, and then go back and sit down with them and discuss whatever it is that made them kick you out. And other various subjects that come up, because it probably isn't just one thing. Also, just because you consider it stupid doesn't mean that it's not important to them, and seeing as how it's their house (and I assume you don't pay rent) sometimes kids just have to bite the bullet and follow the parents rules. (So long as those rules aren't abusive in any way.)

Talk to them. You'll be surprised.

15. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

mmmmmk.... everythings kinda calm around the house now...the arguments are usually pointless and when i try to walk away... it gets worse. im seriously thinking about duecing it and going to live with one of my friends for a few weeks...

16. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:dunno: your lack of information on the topic of the arguments and such makes it really hard to know for sure, but my money's on that the fights are about the typical for teenage/parent arguments...

seriously, if you think you've got it rough, try living on the streets for a week or two (i had to)

and your friend's parents will be a lot less forgiving than your own

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

There is lack of information because he is doing something he knows they have a right to be pissed off about.

18. dyslexic

dyslexic New Member

if they can't legally kick you out...they can make your life a living hell. But i don't know enough about your parents to know if they would do anything like that.

19. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

only if the child is emancipated, usually.