Yeah baby! New shoulder injury!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Layne Staley, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I was inclining 225 today and felt great, figured I'd go for a few extra reps. On my last rep I got 3/4 of the way up and couldn't push through so I had to dump it slightly backwards onto the rack. This managed to seriously injure my right shoulder :mad:

I've already been through this bullshit with my left shoulder and it took it 2 YEARS to get back to 100%.

Now my left knee and right shoulder are both fucked up. :hs: I'm turning 30 next month as well. These injuries coupled with my testosterone level in the fucking 160s are making me feel pretty damned old.

I'm hoping in a couple days it will feel better, but I have the symptoms of a good 'ol rotator cuff injury. It hurts like a bitch to raise my arm out to the side. I can lift it all the way over my head, but with quite a bit of pain. Shit I hope this feels better soon and I don't have to go through shoulder rehab again.

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

:rofl: same shit here dude!

My right shoulder was fucked up for over a year and when it FINALLY healed it only took about another 7 months before my left shoulder got fucked up. My chest feels so weak and small now because nearly any chest movement hurts my shoulder.

3. TZ

TZ Banned

With any luck you might get better sooner than you think.

I had some pain in my shoulder for about a month. I ignored it , and it got worse. I stopped all pressing movements for two weeks, and focused on strengthening my scapular retractors. After those two weeks, I came back even stronger and do not feel any pain whatsoever right now. :bigthumb:

4. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

my left shoulder is fucked up too :rofl:
    felt something acute during my presses.
    ended the night with shoulder and chest stretching as per the jumpstretch god (thanks to elitefts for the videos)
    also i lean my shoulder into a rack post to massage it

5. lump

lump New Member

I know that feeling.

[​IMG]

6. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yes! It still hurts like a motherfucker this morning, just as I was hoping!! I can actually move it less this morning than I could after the injury!! Yes!! At least after the injury I could hop in the shower and do some range of motion with hot water on my shoulder...........this morning the hot water doesn't help.

Guess I'll pray for just a strain with acute inflammation, guess I'll know in a couple of days.

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Time to hit the GH?

8. TZ

TZ Banned

from what ive heard unfortunately shoulder injuries are actually hard to heal because of lack of bloodflow to that area?

9. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

That combined with the nature of the joint and the sheering forces it supports for most pressing lifts make a life long PIA usually.

10. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yep, well rotator injuries anyways. A delt injury will heal pretty well.

11. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Possibly, I'll see how it feels in a week. I'm opting not to get a cortisone injection and take some oral corticosteroids instead to see if that will ease the inflammation.

12. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

That will be me, sooner or later.

My right is jacked to the moon.

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

my shoulder was popping hard as hell yesterday with Incline DB press.... the fucking benches at my new gym don't go any lower than 65ish degrees, which is fucking recockulous. I usually do incline at 45* and have no shoulder pain or cracking what soever. luckily (i guess) i'm a weak bitch so the weight wasn't enough to do any damage :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.