yea...i think i need a porter cable.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Nov 1, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i got my optimum polish last week...so today i wanted to see how well it works. i only have this craftsman buffer and i tried both of the bonnets it came with. the blue one in the picture and a regular terry cloth one. both yeilded minimal results in removing swirls and scratches. i also have a 10" buffer...but im not even going to bother trying that out. it still looked the same as having just a few layers of NXT applied.

[​IMG]

i think ill just have to buy a PC soon. the detailing place where i work at uses similar makita and some other repuable power tool brand...and the cars they do come out flawless. i think i may use what i have in the garage for now. will the pads and all that stuff fit on other brand buffers that are similar to the PC?

2. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

people w/o PC's...what are you guys using?

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can get the Porter Cable 7336 for $99-109 at Lowes and order the backing plate and pads from Excel.

4. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

what is the difference between the 7336 and the 7424? im probably going to get one for xmas...but i really want to see what i can do with the optimum polish with what a have now.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

The 7336 has a 6 ounce counterweight instead of a 5 ounce. It also has a foam pad instead of sandpaper backing, although the foam thing is useless. You will need a backing plate and pads. I would grab the 7336 (which is what I have).